Not very impressed with Nexus 4 how about you guys?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so i've had the phone since it came out late last week and to be honest i'm not very impressed with it, the battery life isnt great on it and what stinks about it is i cant open the cover and put in another battery until i get home, the picture quality isnt very impressive, i dont see a very big difference with the screen resolution from my previous phone, and its only 16g of memory. Mind you i'm comparing this phone with my Samsung galaxy which i loved. Maybe once i root it and some roms come out it will improve but up to now i'm not that impressed. I had the galaxy note 2 for a few days before i purchased this phone and looking back now, i think i might return this phone and get that again.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Not very impressed with Nexus4 how about you guys?

You knew what the specs and features were before you bought it so why are you unimpressed now that you have it? If those things are deal breakers then just go back to the NoteII.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

I have had both the Galaxy Note 2 and the LG Optimus G since they first came out and i got the Nexus 4 on Friday. I can honestly say that out of the three, the Nexus is my favorite. The G would be a close second.

I get that people like the note, but I just find my self not using it very much and I'm not a fan of the all plastic construction or TouchWiz

To each their own though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site

To bad you're not enjoying your device much. I love mine as it works well for me. Can't please everyone.

aireyc1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I purchased the N4 primarily for development purposes, and there were some things I didn't like about it at first compared to my One X (namely the screen). Once I customized stock Android to my liking and used it for a few days, I forgot about the things I liked more about the One x. There are things that could be objectively better, but in daily use I can't say anything's really a problem, and I'll continue using this as my regular phone for the foreseeable future.

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Couldn't disagree more. I have been using since late Friday.

Battery life - 17+ hours mainly on wifi
Screen - much sharper with more realistic color than my GS3
Storage - 16gb is plenty for me. I don't try to carry my entire music collection on my phone.

Sorry it's not working for you. Hope you find something that does.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

ok so i've had the phone since it came out late last week and to be honest i'm not very impressed with it, the battery life isnt great on it and what stinks about it is i cant open the cover and put in another battery until i get home, the picture quality isnt very impressive, i dont see a very big difference with the screen resolution from my previous phone, and its only 16g of memory. Mind you i'm comparing this phone with my Samsung galaxy which i loved. Maybe once i root it and some roms come out it will improve but up to now i'm not that impressed. I had the galaxy note 2 for a few days before i purchased this phone and looking back now, i think i might return this phone and get that again.

You list those faults like you didn't know them before you bought the device... why buy a product you're unfamiliar with?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I have had both the Galaxy Note 2 and the LG Optimus G since they first came out and i got the Nexus 4 on Friday. I can honestly say that out of the three, the Nexus is my favorite. The G would be a close second.

I get that people like the note, but I just find my self not using it very much and I'm not a fan of the all plastic construction or TouchWiz

To each their own though.

I agree with you. Sammy's plastic construction makes their products feel very cheap (i have a galaxy s), and I hate their UI as well. the note at 5.5" is also way too big for me.

to the op, basically every single critique about this device was that it would only have 16gb of internal storage, no removable battery and no LTE. this was a given. i can see how that can suck if those things mattered to you and you only found out about it when you got the device in your hands.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Not having the device personally I can't give a true opinion of the device but going off reviews, specs and reading I have come to the conclusion that if your looking for the next addition of Nexus sporting newer and more updated hardware then you have it. This is finally a Nexus that proudly sports a worthy camera over previous Nexus's along with other hardware goodies. Also keeping with the Nexus tradition its running the latest addition of Android 4.2 so its standing in line with what its supposed to be offering.

Battery life, RAM, etc.. This has all been talked about weeks leading up to the release so we knew what to expect. Google is pushing use of its cloud services harder than ever with the latest lineup of Nexus's (tabs and smartphone) so that is something you have to come to terms with. Non removable battery, this too should of weighed hard on consumers decision before purchasing. If your a heavy power user that is known to eat up battery or carry a spare of two daily then this wasn't the device for you.

I think its an interesting device, if I didn't just lock into a new contract for the family with Sprint I would of opted to pick this up. Like all Nexus's of the past they sell/market to a certain type of smartphone user, normally the types that like having first dibs at OS updates while running vanilla android and having a hacker friendly device.

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I'll actually give you 350 for it, if you were able to be one of the lucky few to get the N4 send it my way especially since its a 16 Giger. I can pay pal you the money.:cool:

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

I'll actually give you 350 for it, if you were able to be one of the lucky few to get the N4 send it my way especially since its a 16 Giger. I can pay pal you the money.:cool:

Off topic post: You copied my avatar!

Dan Strong

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I picked mine up from a T-Mobile store on Friday. Coming from my second Galaxy Nexus, I can say that it's easily my favorite android phone so far. I love the build quality, the screen, the speed. Ive had great battery life so far and nothing to complain about. Loving my nexus 10 also.

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm loving it.

And I am coming from the following smartphones this year alone...
iPhone 4S
Blackberry Bold 9930
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy S3
iPhone 5 (only had it an hour before I sold it, so not a fair comparison)
LG Nexus 4

The only hiccup I've had is the second time I tried to charge the device; I plugged it in at 27% and then it read fully charged. I rebooted, and all was normal.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I'll rather have a plastic sg3 with 2gb than that problem ridden htc and the new nexus HAHAHA HELL NAW lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

it is actually glued into the case, not to mention you would be crazy to open it up every night to swap the battery if it wasn't. The battery is way better than the s3 i was using, I just got ~17 hours off of one charge.

This phone is objectively better in every way possible besides storage and LTE.

pceasar

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Off topic post: You copied my avatar!
LOL funny guy, Ive been here longer, and I dont edit my profile so correction, how'd you get mine!!! anyhow you must have good taste cause you're an androider AND you have the same Avatar

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Did you even read/watch a review. Read the specs? Anything?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

ok how are some of you getting 17 hours of battery life on it? with just wifi? i work in construction and i'm out in the field all the time and most sites dont offer wifi, i only use the phone to check emails, some calls and check on facebook thats about it, and by noon time i have around 20% battery life left. its a nice phone dont get me wrong i just expected it to wash the dishes,clean my place,take my dog out for a walk all that stuff that comes alone with such a hyped up phone lol

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

ok how are some of you getting 17 hours of battery life on it? with just wifi? i work in construction and i'm out in the field all the time and most sites dont offer wifi, i only use the phone to check emails, some calls and check on facebook thats about it, and by noon time i have around 20% battery life left. its a nice phone dont get me wrong i just expected it to wash the dishes,clean my place,take my dog out for a walk all that stuff that comes alone with such a hyped up phone lol

What type of environment are these construction sites in? If you're out in the boonies and roaming, then yeah, your battery life will suffer. That's true of any cell phone. If you're in an urban environment with decent signal, then you've got something else running that's sucking battery power. Moderate use shouldn't kill your battery that fast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad