the N4 rattle sound - does yours have it? how do we get it fixed?

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
it sounds like a fair number of us are noticing a subtle rattling noise in the back, but not everyone has this.

hopefully for those of us interested in getting this fixed we can get a brand new device rather than having to send in the one we own to have repaired?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
it sounds like a fair number of us are noticing a subtle rattling noise in the back, but not everyone has this.

hopefully for those of us interested in getting this fixed we can get a brand new device rather than having to send in the one we own to have repaired?

i think i read something like this on xda... what exactly is the problem..?

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
think there's a topic about this already - it's a know "issue" apparently few other phones have the same thing so nothing to worry

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I called support directly and the rep said that he hasn't heard about anything like this but if I wanted to submit a warranty claim I could. I told him I'll wait a few weeks and see how it holds up so i can let some other people that will be waiting for a month get their devices :)

rjfarrow

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
does it rattle when you shake it hard or when you just move it?

Mine only does it if I shake the phone. My question is, why are people walking around shaking their phones? What possessed the first person who noticed this to shake their phone to begin with. Make no sense to me, I dont do it so therefore is is not a problem in my opinion.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine only does it if I shake the phone. My question is, why are people walking around shaking their phones? What possessed the first person who noticed this to shake their phone to begin with. Make no sense to me, I dont do it so therefore is is not a problem in my opinion.
yea thats what i thought. now if it were rattling with just some gentle movement i can see how that can be annoying

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have rattle. It's definitely coming from the camera. I think it's the shutter/auto-focus.

Currently, it doesn't bother me so no big thing. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have rattle. It's definitely coming from the camera. I think it's the shutter/auto-focus.

Currently, it doesn't bother me so no big thing. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

I am positive it is the camera elements. Happens more when you shake it front to back than side to side.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
here's a thought...setup your phone and enjoy it
why are you shaking the phone next to your head in the first place?

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I just shook my HTC One X and hear the exact same sound as described with the Nexus 4...it is most definitely the camera components so I would not be worrying about it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yup, both of my N4's do it, I noticed it on my work phone about 2 weeks ago, was told it was normal, compared to friends GS3's, they all have it too. nothing to worry about that ive seen.

eddiesmiles

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
i tested the rattle on my phone and it sounds like it's coming from very minor back-and-forth play in the power button, not from the camera components. not sure if this is the same rattle that people are referring to, but it's definitely not an issue for me.