This is why Google should limit orders to 1 per shipping address during the initial release window

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Every time I read a complaint on this forum about Google's sales process, it just further reinforces my belief that Google isn't serious about being a retailer and Google isn't serious about the Nexus line.

Google needs to put in a better effort. But if they're not as serious about the Nexus line, we'll continue to see threads like this one.

As long as the Nexus gets into consumers' hands, I think Google is fine with that - however that happens.

Now here's the question - does Google's handling of the Nexus 7 launch and now the "botched" Nexus 4 launch dissuade you from buying Google's Nexus products? I mean - if you're really that upset about it, you wouldn't be supporting that company by buying or using their products.

At $350 it doesn't dissuade me one bit. Who else is selling a phone with those specs at that price?

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Common supply vs demand at its finest. While it does make me a little upset that this kind of thing happens, the whole one per household thing isn't really fair either. My wife and I are both Nexus S users after all and we want that upgrade too. :) (Our two 8GBs are still in order limbo).

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Common supply vs demand at its finest. While it does make me a little upset that this kind of thing happens, the whole one per household thing isn't really fair either. My wife and I are both Nexus S users after all and we want that upgrade too. :) (Our two 8GBs are still in order limbo).

So true. I ordered one for myself, and one for my wife.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
one thing i learned is that even though its listed for sale on craigslist it doesn't mean it will sell. My N4 arrived today and i put it on CL just to test the waters. Highest offer I got was $500 with bumper. Bunch of 8GB N4s are listed for over $500 but they will never sell. Same goes for iphones. I keep seeing same listings over and over from same sellers that never sell for what they want for it. I actually ended up ordering 2 during the free for all but I emailed google right away and cancelled my second one. One of my inner voices is telling to open and use it and another voice is telling me to sell it and order it again. Wait few weeks and get it cheaper :) Decisions

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
981990.jpg

gcurtisjr

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing $100 premiums being added at least on forums I frequent, of people OFFERING to buy. Not selling.

This is crazy.

The same thing happens with any device, Apple in particular. Look at eBay after any of their launches. I was able to successfully order mine and have it delivered last Friday. Since I only needed it for a project (I am an iOS guy who was given an Android assignment in my grad class), I am now looking to sell. Problem is, people talk a big game when wanting to purchase, but hardly anyone follows through with it when presented with the opportunity.

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: This is why Google should limit orders to 1 per shipping address during the initial release...

Who cares about the demand of the product.....the problem here is those who stayed ALL night in order to get in on this order and placed an order within seconds of it going live are now in the dark because Google is stupid enough to not have ANY useful information and they can't even properly program something to sort by a specific time stamp. So forgetting about the stupid supply and demand even though I agree that this should have been limited to 2 per order.....Google had MANY fails at this launch and the real worthless jack*** here is Google who can't even do something that thousands of internet companies have mastered or at least become competent in.

Google did exactly as they desired. To sell their product. They actually did it very well. I would say stop crying like a little sissy, but that would be injustice to little sissys.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: This is why Google should limit orders to 1 per shipping address during the initial release...

Every time I read a complaint on this forum about Google's sales process, it just further reinforces my belief that Google isn't serious about being a retailer and Google isn't serious about the Nexus line.

Google needs to put in a better effort. But if they're not as serious about the Nexus line, we'll continue to see threads like this one.

As long as the Nexus gets into consumers' hands, I think Google is fine with that - however that happens.

Now here's the question - does Google's handling of the Nexus 7 launch and now the "botched" Nexus 4 launch dissuade you from buying Google's Nexus products? I mean - if you're really that upset about it, you wouldn't be supporting that company by buying or using their products.

I like the products and the products are not the problem, it's the way they distribute them. But I am not buying my Chromebook from the Play store because they can't get it together, I didn't order from them on the N7 because I had a trade in from another store. But I likely won't be buying day 1 products from their store unless I have no other options. Had my T-Mo stores had them in stock I would have went there and paid $500 and cancelled my order. But I didn't have that option unfortunately.

I know Google will still be getting my money, but I prefer to go to a company that can deliver products in a proper manner. If they get their act in order maybe I'll give play store another chance in the future.

Google did exactly as they desired. To sell their product. They actually did it very well. I would say stop crying like a little sissy, but that would be injustice to little sissys.

Lol. Whatever you say sir.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happens with any device, Apple in particular. Look at eBay after any of their launches. I was able to successfully order mine and have it delivered last Friday. Since I only needed it for a project (I am an iOS guy who was given an Android assignment in my grad class), I am now looking to sell. Problem is, people talk a big game when wanting to purchase, but hardly anyone follows through with it when presented with the opportunity.

First problem. lol

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Bwahaha.. Can't. Tell. If. Serious.

Last edited: