My phone and bumper just came.

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I am working on uploading pictures right now, a bit new to adding pictures so bare with me, the bumper is decent though it's got two rubber pieces with a bit of metal in the center.

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
nexus bumper - Imgur

Sorry about the quality of the shots, using a galaxy nexus, hope that gives you a bit of an idea with what it looks like on the phone. And sorry again about the invalid attachments, here's a link to imgur that should give you a look at them. I hope this link here works for it, please let me know if it doesn't.

Last edited:

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
When you lay the device face down or back down does the bumper lift the device and keep the glass off the surface its on? I often leave my phone face down but without a case to keep the glass of a table I get worried.
Thanks

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
When you lay the device face down or back down does the bumper lift the device and keep the glass off the surface its on? I often leave my phone face down but without a case to keep the glass of a table I get worried.
Thanks

It allows for a bit of a lift but not much of one, however I am noticing that it can still pick up like hairs so unless the surface is completely flat and clean there is still a chance it could sratch.

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought the bumper for drop protection (even though I plan on never dropping it). However, I still would recommend a protective film for the back. Currently have an iPhone 4S w/ bumper and Best Skins Ever film on the rear. I've been mostly pleased with that combination, but the film I got for my GF (also 4s) seems to be thinner and practically invisible. BSE film is thicker, wavy and kinda rubbery feeling. It's also starting to peel on the edges, presumably where there is friction between bumper and protector.

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell me what the weight was on your package according to UPS? Apparently my bumper is shipping today but I'm surprised at the 1.6lb weight they have indicated. Hoping that the phone comes with it!!!

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Google reps told me that they do not ship items separately. Chances are that if your package weighs 1.6 lb's then it has a phone in it.
Congrats!

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Can you tell me what the weight was on your package according to UPS? Apparently my bumper is shipping today but I'm surprised at the 1.6lb weight they have indicated. Hoping that the phone comes with it!!!
My gross weight shows 2.50 lbs for both the phone and the bumper so I wouldn't think what they showed you is right for it, I would imagine that's for either just the phone or both of them.

ncsu4life

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
My gross weight shows 2.50 lbs for both the phone and the bumper so I wouldn't think what they showed you is right for it, I would imagine that's for either just the phone or both of them.

mine is on truck for delivery and i ordered 16gb with bumper and 2.5lbs is what its showing for mine as well.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the pics...finally get to see some live shots
it def cheapens the look of the phone IMO
think I'd rather spend a few extra dollars for a Square Trade insurance policy ($7 a month) than cheapen the look of the phone with a $30 piece of TPU

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
think I'd rather spend a few extra dollars for a Square Trade insurance policy ($7 a month) than cheapen the look of the phone with a $30 piece of TPU

It actually makes it look better IMO in person. I'll take some high res, good lighting pics tonight being that my personal one arrived.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It actually makes it look better IMO in person. I'll take some high res, good lighting pics tonight being that my personal one arrived.

that would be great, thanks man
maybe I'd change my mind
guess I can get the bumper and the warranty...can't beat that!

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my pictures really aren't the best, figured it should tide people over until someone with a good camera and some know how can take some. In person though it does look a lot nicer and with the metal band on the bumper it actually makes it look better I think.