My phone and bumper just came.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
nexus bumper - Imgur

Sorry about the quality of the shots, using a galaxy nexus, hope that gives you a bit of an idea with what it looks like on the phone. And sorry again about the invalid attachments, here's a link to imgur that should give you a look at them. I hope this link here works for it, please let me know if it doesn't.

James Cameron would be proud.[1] Thanks for the shot of the bottom ... it reveals a bit of panache around the microUSB port that I hadn't noticed before.

It's hard to tell, but the "metal" band seems more like brushed aluminum look,... doesn't make it look cheap like the narrow plastic chrome bezel on the naked phone does.

[1] Director Cameron is very fond of scenes bathed in blue light. You can see this in about every film he makes.

... I'll take some high res, good lighting pics tonight being that my personal one arrived.
Is there a live wallpaper for being green with envy?
Thats a sexy bumper. love the design. protect the edges which are the huge break point
Every fall my current phone has taken has landed on the top or bottom. The D30 bumper/back combo I have on my Amaze seems to have saved it during its two drops of < 4'.

Last edited:

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Have my N4 in bumper right in front of me. Looks good IMO. If you had not seen the phone before you probably wouldn't guess it even has a case on it. The silly part though, is that the bumper is raised more up front than in the back-- If you lay phone face down on a flat surface, you will get more clearance than face up. I wouldn't have expected this.

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes I should have put that but the metal band does appear to be a brushed aluminum a little bit darker than what's on the bold 9900.

YoSaintLaurent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't look that bad. I was thinking about getting a full body case once someone made one. But I may pick up a bumper once they are back in stock. Having both options around wouldn't hurt.

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
UPS just dropped off my package....sadly it was just the bumper....it looks nice. Too bad I don't have anything to put it on or any idea of when Google might decide to fulfill my order. No back order e-mail, charge dropped off my card sometime yesterday or today....had to ship off my One X this afternoon so I am currently without anything. Amazing way to treat your customers Google :(

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
UPS just dropped off my package....sadly it was just the bumper....it looks nice. Too bad I don't have anything to put it on or any idea of when Google might decide to fulfill my order. No back order e-mail, charge dropped off my card sometime yesterday or today....had to ship off my One X this afternoon so I am currently without anything. Amazing way to treat your customers Google :(

well that's a kick in the sac :eek:
hope these backorders gets going this week already
great company
horrible logistics

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the bumper is really necessary? I know the front and back is glass but what about the edge around the phone??

Really it's a toss up for me, I actually like the phone more with the bumper on. The metal band on the bumper feels a lot better than the chrome bezel on the phone itself and I feel like it makes the phone feel a little more upscale. It does also provide a slight lift keeping the glass off the surface. I would suggest trying the bumper and if you don't like it just return it.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Got the bumper for my wife. It is really nice. Much more than I thought it was since the buttons and metal band are such good quality.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am working on uploading pictures right now, a bit new to adding pictures so bare with me, the bumper is decent though it's got two rubber pieces with a bit of metal in the center.

whats the shipping cost for bumper + phone?

was it 13.99 total or 2 x 13.99?

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Was pleasantly surprised at how nice the bumper looks. Was expecting typical rubber bumper, but this one was actually designed well (at least aesthetically). Not sure how much it would protect a drop. Once you put on the bumper, it actually doesn't look like a bumper, looks sorta of "part of the phone".

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes it was just 13.99 total for shipping both the phone and bumper.

thanks. I ordered my nexus 4 but now i want to order the bumper for it.

since i am ordering my nexus 10 i would order the bumper with it. bumper is out of stock atm so i think i have to wait.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
nexus bumper - Imgur

Sorry about the quality of the shots, using a galaxy nexus, hope that gives you a bit of an idea with what it looks like on the phone. And sorry again about the invalid attachments, here's a link to imgur that should give you a look at them. I hope this link here works for it, please let me know if it doesn't.

That is one sweet bed spread. :D. Thanks for the shots.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance