HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I had to post this speedtest I just got a on Tmobile with my Nexus 4. I know it won't be this fast all the time but, this is the best I've ever seen on HSPA+ If any of you have a good speeds, post them. This is proof that HSPA + 42 is pretty good in some cities.

2012-11-19%2020.14.23.png

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Would that stream Pandora? Smooth?

I streamed pandora on 2G the other day while doing some tests whether or not I want to switch off of unlimited data. Worked fine, I was even able to stream pandora on 3G from Sprint.

Video is hard to stream, music doesn't take much speed at all to be semi effective. One down is overkill.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol yes... You can stream Pandora on EDGE, you don't need 20mbps down to stream music.

Not sure this is such an open and shut case. For the last two months I've been struggling under 2g speeds as I waited for the network upgrade on my iPhone 4s. Pandora and other streaming services stuttered regularly, and often became unplayable on Edge. The experience was very frustrating. My guess is that since network data is shared and finite, some areas have slower 2G speeds than others. Maybe the N4s faster processor can help a bit too. But the iPhone 4s is no slouch, and for what it's worth i ended up not even bothering with Pandora in 2g locations.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

flipflopp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm in New Orleans which is listed as a HSPA+ 42 city. Just got my N4 today. Here are my results from inside my house. Way better than what I was getting with Sprint with my S2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-19-23-47-00.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-19-23-47-00.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

raysgrumpy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to testing my Nexus 4 later today. I live in Palm Bay, FL and consistently get 7-18mb down on my One S around town. There are HSPA+ towers in my city, an hour north (Orlando) and just to the south (Sebastian), so this phone should be perfect for me!

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm consistently pulling 20Mbps down and 1.5-3.5 Mpbs up on T-Mobile in DC and Northern Virginia - when I have a signal. Looking forward to receiving my Straight Talk SIM this evening so I can compare. As I said on another thread, I expect I'll sacrifice some speed for better coverage and building penetration on AT&T's network.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm currantly on At&t but I will be porting my primary number to tmobile soon. The speeds are not as fast on At&t and you have to set up the correct APN settings to get any decent speed at all. This phone seems to be made for Tmobile as far as data. HSPA+ 42 is not as fast as LTE but, if your getting 20Mbps down that's enough to do anything. Honestly if you're getting aroung 7-8Mbps that's still enough.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone getting anything near these speeds in Chicago? My G2 barely gets 0.6mbs down, and it says its on HSPA. Chicago is listed as one of the cities. I want to get the N4, but don't know why Chicago's speeds seem so poor.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone getting anything near these speeds in Chicago? My G2 barely gets 0.6mbs down, and it says its on HSPA. Chicago is listed as one of the cities. I want to get the N4, but don't know why Chicago's speeds seem so poor.

From what I hear, Chicago is just a nightmare for every service provider. Apparently AT&T HSPA+ doesn't even work there (in the busy city areas).

Dan Strong

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm consistently pulling 20Mbps down and 1.5-3.5 Mpbs up on T-Mobile in DC and Northern Virginia - when I have a signal. Looking forward to receiving my Straight Talk SIM this evening so I can compare. As I said on another thread, I expect I'll sacrifice some speed for better coverage and building penetration on AT&T's network.

This. I'm in NoVA and I'm getting the fastest speeds I've ever seen on HSPA. ~20Mbps down. My GNex was only pulling around 9-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante