HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Here are my speeds with my N4. I haven't tested in a while but i'm sure they are about the same. I'm located in Corona/Chino Hills, CA (southern california)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358311563496.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358311563496.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 74

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
ive tried every t-mobile apn i can find and I cant break 1mb down. I give up. I'm gonna have to stick with my straight talk sim. I will try t-mo again in a few months. :( I really wanted to go w/ tmo but for some reason its just not working out for me.

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Does it make a difference whether the APN protocol is set at ipv4 or ipv4/ipv6?

I really don't know exactly what the difference is between the two. My SIM set it to ipv4 automatically, but I saw someone recommend switching it to ipv4/ipv6, so I did that the first or second day I had the phone. I have been using that setting for over a month now without any issues, so I plan on leaving it alone unless i have a problem.

I am pretty sure I got the apn settings from one of the T-mobile threads over at XDA in the Nexus 4 General forum.

Nexus 4 General - xda-developers

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I added the IPv4/IPv6 and saw a noticeable bump in DL speeds. Before it was 7-11 mbps down, and after it jumped to 11-17 mbps down. Initial ping times and upload speeds are still pretty slow though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

kingoftowns1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
UGH! so jealous, I can't wait for my N4 to arrive, I am in the south bay and on Sprint's LTE connection I am getting 1Mbps down and 0.9 up. PATHETIC! my N4 arrives on monday and I cannot wait to pop in a T-Mo SIM and get those speeds

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Here are my speeds with my N4. I haven't tested in a while but i'm sure they are about the same. I'm located in Corona/Chino Hills, CA (southern california)

Dude what the heck? How are you getting those speeds in Chino Hills / Corona? I'm right next door in Ontario / Chino /Montclair and i cant break 1mb down on my N4 with Tmo... WTF?

pis13

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I am in NY/NJ. I noticed whenever the connection was HSPA+ 15, my Nexus 4 was slower than HSPA 10. Did anyone else experience this kind of issue? The settings are the default ones from T-mobile 30 plan.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dude what the heck? How are you getting those speeds in Chino Hills / Corona? I'm right next door in Ontario / Chino /Montclair and i cant break 1mb down on my N4 with Tmo... WTF?

Are you serious? That sucks dude. So far speeds have been good everywhere I go. I didn't expect it to be this fast. Historically, every provider has sucked where I live but surprisingly T-Mobile has been great. I don't even turn on WiFi anymore. I have been out there and I remember getting more than 1 Mbps down. How weird!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
UGH! so jealous, I can't wait for my N4 to arrive, I am in the south bay and on Sprint's LTE connection I am getting 1Mbps down and 0.9 up. PATHETIC! my N4 arrives on monday and I cannot wait to pop in a T-Mo SIM and get those speeds

Lol I pull 30mb down in Chicago on sprints lte only with 61% complete. Your area is not even close to ours in lte towers operating

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358955200641.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358955200641.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 29

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
@mwilkins
@mike dupp
@daniel2744

Hey guys im testing your APN settings again... just curios are you pre-paid or contract T-Mobile? Also, are your Nexus 4's from the play store or T-Mobile?

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
@mwilkins
@mike dupp
@daniel2744

Hey guys im testing your APN settings again... just curios are you pre-paid or contract T-Mobile? Also, are your Nexus 4's from the play store or T-Mobile?

T-mobile Value Plan (contract). I believe mine came from the Play Store (bought it off Craigslist)

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile (postpaid) contract. i'm on the value plan. I did this for the unlimited data. I use alot and i don't want to be checking how much data i use. anyways for me its cheap $69 a month for everything. However, i did get a little mad when T-Mobile annouced their new $70 prepaid unlimitied data plan a few weeks ago but oh well. I don't plan on leaving T-Mobile anytime soon.

Edit: I got my N4 from the play store on launch day(one of the lucky few) however i only was able to get the 8GB. This past weekend i brought the 16GB from T-Mobile in Corona. I just sold off my old N4 so basically i paid $150 for my new N4 16 GB not bad

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
How do you use 200+ GB in less than a month. Are You using this in place if home Internet?

Probably. I did that last year after Hurricane Isaac. We got a foot of water in our house and our insurance company was taking too long to give us our money, so my dad had to pay money out of his own pocket to get the repairs started. He cancelled our Internet and cable for two months to save money. I have unlimited data on Verizon and my entire family was leeching off my data. Since we didn't have cable either, several of us were constantly streaming Netflix. I was really thankful for unlimited data. We used just over 150GB one month. I could never use 200GB in a month on my own unless I was trying to.

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 4 today in Brooklyn, NYC

uzuhuta6.jpg

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Damn, that's fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

A few months ago I went into a T-Mobile store here in the St. Louis area to see what sort of data speeds their network has. The couple of tests I ran pulled in an average of 24mbps. Seeing as AT&T in my area pulls at best 30mbps for many more $, I can live with the T-Mobile connection.

Now for that darn phone to show up, hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now we just those speeds consistently from more towers. In my neck of the woods speeds vary widely depending in tower and time of day.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed the speeds are half what they normally are the past few weeks. is anyone else experiencing this? I'm hoping it's not all the new iPhone users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon