How to back up and restore? Galaxy Nexus to LG Nexus 4

juanchy

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I will be receiving my new Nexus 4 today. What is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to back up my Galaxy Nexus and restore to new LG Nexus 4. Via Google? Titanium? I appreciate any help as I really do not want to spend too much time doing this.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Depends what you're talking about. Anything you store in the cloud (gmail/google voice/etc) will shift over automatically.
Apps from the app store should also move over by themselves.

Pictures/music/files you'll have to copy by hand, but honestly those should be backed up in the cloud anyways, right?

iam_robj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Titanium Backup for apps and data, files (music etc) you'll have to just copy across, Everything else like contacts email calendar etc should be synced to your Google account so sorted out already.. Depending on what apps you have some have there own backup/restore mechanisms (I haven't had the best luck with titanium backup, only recommended as I believe its what most people use)

juanchy

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That's what I thought but needed confirmation from the experts. Anyhow I will see how far I can get once I log in using my my gmail account. Thanks to all for your assistance. Now counting the minutes for the arrival!!!!:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech