"Messaging is sending a large amount of messages...."

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed on my Nexus 4 if I send quite a few SMS in a short space of time I get a "Messaging is sending a large amount of messages" warning with a prompt to Allow or Deny for every message I send for about an hour after it's quite annoying.

It's not a massive issue I know but does anybody know a way to disable it? I'm hoping it doesn't involve Root as I'm bored of that scene now.

Untitled.png

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is a "feature" of Jelly Bean. Only way to remove it is to use a modded SMS.apk, which does require root.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Its a feature to stop apps from sending lots of SMS without your knowledge in the background. Because Android allows other apps to have access to sending SMS/MMS for you, this is one way to stop rogue apps.

Still would be nice if you could "whitelist" an app, but doesn't seem to be the case right now.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It would happen to me all the time. I don't know the limit butif you send a lot of text with in a short time frameit pops up. Did for me. Very annoying.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh... That's odd... If so I hope google add's something like this to android cause I text a lot... and a pop up all the time would get annoying.. I'm planing on buying a nexus 4... Just half to wait for the restock.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
How many texts are you sending to trigger this feature?

I don't know, I just know it happens when sending X amount of messages within a certain time. It's extremely irritating.

This is a "feature" of Jelly Bean. Only way to remove it is to use a modded SMS.apk, which does require root.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

How would you be able to do it? The modded part, I'm already rooted.

Last edited by a moderator:

urlikewoah

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Text messaging limits -_-

Hi everyone,

I've looked up pretty much every solution to SMS limit. What are your success stories to stop that dreaded message from popping up after too many SMS messages being sent? (Nexus 4 and 4.2.1. users please) I've already rooted my phone as well..

I tried a bunch of methods like downloading apk patches and also using this guy's SMS limit how to guide for editing with root explorer and sqleditior.

urlikewoah

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't I just have lots of people to text?

HELP OMG =(
I want to ing get rid of this god damn message.

Last edited by a moderator:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How would you be able to do it? The modded part, I'm already rooted.

My mistake, you actually have to modify systemui. Easiest way to do this is flash a custom ROM that has the text limit message removed or modified. It should be included in CyanogenMod soon (it's still a work in progress).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463