Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

StevieY43

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onward)

When I called last week, they told me my order (16GB N4, 16GB N10, bumper) wouldn't ship until all items were ready. This annoyed me in that it delayed my N10 even though it was in stock. I got the same email as everyone else, so I'm assuming that means my bumper is ready to go too. Hopefully bumper orders will go out too!

I didn't manage to get the phone and the bumper on the same order. So far only the phone has been updated to the 11/27 date for me. Of course the phone's vastly more important :)

SteveWin

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onward)

Although, the order with the bumper did not have its date updated with today's date. It's still stuck on the 19th. So my guess is that I'll have to do some more waiting for the bumper. I ordered it about an hour after my N4. I hope I don't drop my phone in the meantime.

NavTheTaller

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
@ josegb2011, Yeah I'm hoping I don't have to pay. My contract technically ended back in October but I spent the last 9 months of my contract in Afghanistan and had my phone turned off, so I dunno if they pushed the end date of my contract back or if I'm going to luck out and get out from under their thumb clean.

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Apparently they don't love us at all as we are being treated the same as those who are ordering today; a whole 2 weeks after initial sale of the product. We are just being put higher on the priority list.

I guess that's something...

asl9622

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's actually a lot of compensating on their part. I mean they already refunded us for shipping, but overnight on top of that?! Surely they don't love us THAT much...

Only reason I think they would is that a lot of people would be mad if we don't get our phones before people who order today.

asl9622

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I guess our case is different then those who were in limbo because they were never back ordered so that's why they were overnighted. I am hoping Google does it but at this point as long as it gets here I don't care.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It is what it is and that it is just businesses. I have said thies once before I never believed they wouldn't restock before backorders completely. Yes some that order today may get there N4 they order today before those on back order or the same time. You really can't hold it against Google to think about many(Potential N4 Customers) over the few(Backorder N4 Customers) at this point in time. Google is going to try restock as early as possible because know they may restock may one or two times before X-Mas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

vdaves

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they started shipping without sending confirmation. I got this from CSR.

Hello _____________,

Thank you for contacting Google Play support. I'm happy to hear that you're interested in our devices and I'm glad I was able to assist you today. I apologize about your experience on the Google Play Store; the website is experiencing heavy traffic due to the launch of our new devices! I was able to locate your order number and your order is being shipped now.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact me and I will respond to you as promptly as I can. You?re also welcome to explore other support options at: Google Play Help.

Cheers,

Abe​

gelero

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
So is everyone waiting for the elusive shipping confirmation have a still pending status? Mine is pending with an order update of November 27th.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance