Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

Sorkzilla

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Christmas came in November this year. Just got it, hope you all get yours soon! It was a long two weeks!
465562_4381406926057_1845476761_o.jpg

xcla1p

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got a call from Google. Apparently they couldn't get my credit card to approve for some unknown reasons and she get me to add a new credit card. And she says something like they are getting a new batch to ship right now, so we should see shipping probably tomorrow? :D

danamccall

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
UPS shows "out for delivery" at 7:31AM today. It's 10pm and still no delivery, no change on UPS' page. If this was sent 2nd Day Air, UPS should refund Google. Anyone know what to do? I'm pretty irritated, as I adjusted my schedule all afternoon and evening for this .

limdoug

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
UPS shows "out for delivery" at 7:31AM today. It's 10pm and still no delivery, no change on UPS' page. If this was sent 2nd Day Air, UPS should refund Google. Anyone know what to do? I'm pretty irritated, as I adjusted my schedule all afternoon and evening for this .

Similar thing happened to me, but I had an update that they forgot it at the site and will have to reschedule. To get further detail, you can use their chat and ask...I did and they gave me the information pretty quickly.

arizonamman

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Same for me except they did not call but sent an email. Evidently, the CVC code box was empty on Wallet.
The email said "we're holding a device back for you."
Oh well. No big deal.
I fixed it and replied to the same email, as instructed.
I hope it does not hold it up too long but it looks like Monday at the earliest. Gives me time to see some new movies before I lock myself up in my house with my 1st Android!
:)

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Got the same thing but I know for a fact that everything was fine with the card. I confirmed with AMEX that there was no issues with charging the card and honestly believe this is yet another issue with Google (and not your CC) or a way to justify additional delays for those of us still in limbo land. I called a useless CSR who said everything was fine and nothing to worry about. Yeah right!

Koinb

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Me too. I called up to check my shipping status and was told everything is OK and the device will be shipped out soon. But an hour later, received email saying credit card payment failure. I checked my CC on wallet is good by purchasing an APP.
Order placed on Nov. 13 11:50AM UTC-8
Still no shipping email received.

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine shipped Tuesday night and I got an email yesterday morning from ups that I have a scheduled arrival today from google. I get up this morning when late last night the ups status showed still KY traveling and the email said I would expect shipment tomorrow. I freaked.

Ups tracking showed duplicate status for leaving KY on the same dates but showed out for delivery at the top. I was gonna call me later about the confusion but updated the page and now I see all the other statuses about arriving in my city and being out for delivery. I hate ups. They. Do this 50% of the time. Only FedEx has ever been reliable for me...

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Me too. I called up to check my shipping status and was told everything is OK and the device will be shipped out soon. But an hour later, received email saying credit card payment failure. I checked my CC on wallet is good by purchasing an APP.
Order placed on Nov. 13 11:50AM UTC-8
Still no shipping email received.

So, I got an email about this, and supposedly the "authorization timed out"... I was really "surprised" considering it had only been 2.5 weeks since the order had been placed. I guess Google expects the authorization to remain in place for as long as they need (so if you order a Nexus today, make sure your authorization is valid for at least 8-9 weeks!!). Anyway, rather than re-authorize the card, they apparently prefer to send you an error message saying it's not their fault...
You may want to update (i.e. re-enter) your card details in google wallet which generates another authorization and hopefully will allow them to ship the phone to you - if that ever happens (beginning to seriously doubt it myself).

arizonamman

May 26, 2012
Visit site
So, I got an email about this, and supposedly the "authorization timed out"... I was really "surprised" considering it had only been 2.5 weeks since the order had been placed. I guess Google expects the authorization to remain in place for as long as they need (so if you order a Nexus today, make sure your authorization is valid for at least 8-9 weeks!!). Anyway, rather than re-authorize the card, they apparently prefer to send you an error message saying it's not their fault...
You may want to update (i.e. re-enter) your card details in google wallet which generates another authorization and hopefully will allow them to ship the phone to you - if that ever happens (beginning to seriously doubt it myself).

I too went in and checked my CC last night after I received the first email saying that my CC payment failed but not to worry, blah, blah, blah. All I could see last night was that the CVC code was not there so I edited and re-entered it. This morning it is not there again. I called and received a fast answer and talked to Pat who at first was real understanding but said the only way to fix this was to delete that CC and enter it again. I worked in CS for many years and I know what 1st level CS reps can and cannot do. They are paid to answer as many calls as fast as they can and repeat canned scripts. "Thinking" people at the CS 1st level do NOT exist. In fact, many at the 2nd level can't think either!

I was in a pretty good mood today and really, although my old phone is about KAPUT (I have to restart it several times each day), and I know they screwed up, I will not allow myself to get upset. I know that Gringo11 is on the right track with all that authorization stuff however it is not up to the customer to keep authorizations valid. All Google has to due is to send it through again. Just like if you are at a department store or grocery store and the first time it fails, you have them try it again, right? Only if it fails twice do you change cards. Their authorization server is CRAP and/or their programmers for it are CRAP. Because the overload was their issue, they should have overrode authorization issues for people whose cards are still on file and have valid dates. Were I a supervisor there or even a level 3 CS rep, I would have called my IT contacts and have it fixed.

She told me to re-order the phone. That is a script that did not apply to me. I told her that the first email instructed that my phone was being "held back" for me so why do I have to re-order? Oops, I forgot level 1 reps are not allowed to think. :( I will not re-order with any credit card. I think that got her all discombobulated and she started reading general script stuff to me. I let her finish.

So I ask her how long the re-processing time takes and she says up to a week. I asked her to push the button to re-process that and she started reading off more irrelevant scripts to me. She told me 1 person asked her to walk across the street to get it! HAHAHAHA I could have asked for a supervisor (would get a level 2 CS rep) but I refuse to get myself upset about this. The email Pat sent just now says:

Your order is in the processing status.
We ask that you allow us 3 to 5 business days to complete.

By Wednesday of next week, if I don't have a phone in my hands and depending on my mood at that time, I will cancel the order and all my Google account info and be done with them. It is that simple.

Were I back when I had a car that was an obvious LEMON and could not get satisfaction with the auto dealer, I wrote to the CEO of Chrysler and had my money back in a few weeks. But, is is worth my time and effort to send Registered Mail to Larry Page, CEO, Google, Inc and half the people on this page and then sit around waiting for a reply?

Google Management team

All that stuff gets opened by secretaries or "Executive Assistants."

"The squeaky wheel does get the grease." But for a $300 phone when I can just go out and get something else? NAW! It really is not worth it. Who wants a phone that has been sitting on the bottom of all the other phones on a crate in a cold UPS warehouse for 2 weeks? If I have just 1 thing wrong with it if I get it, I would be going through all of this again! OMG!

You would think that the more people that cancel their orders the better chances of them getting a clue but they probably won't. Their screw up is getting plenty of press and when all the bug reports come out, they'll get more bad press. "Oh, gee, you know something? Maybe we should have just stuck to what we do best and not get into the hardware field."

DO YA THINK?

LOL

P.S> I think I just talked myself into canceling it NOW!

:D

Last edited:

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree with you. I was just being cynical about the authorization thing... I don't see how we could ever keep that authorization active... and I think a LOT of people who are supposed to be waiting 8-9 weeks are going to have issues when Google finally gets around to trying to ship the phones to them since their authorizations will have disappeared and they cannot seem to hit "try again".

I am with you on canceling. I will give them until the end of the three weeks and cancel. It is a shame because of all the phones out there, I think it has the best mix of features/price/operating system... oh well, maybe sometime in Feb/Mar I can try and order it again.

xcla1p

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I would probably scream at some high level management people before cancelling the phone though. i rather get some nice 'sorry' replies than nothing

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, it looks like this thread has been very quiet lately... it seems I am the only one still in limbo land? Anybody still out there?

I got an email last night saying that after updating my credit card info, I should be receiving a confirmation that the order went through within 24 hours... needless to say, that never happened. I am pretty confident that I will never receive this phone, and I must say that I have no idea who to "escalate" this to because customer service is useless and they have no idea what to do... writing to the executive team seems totally pointless and will get me nowhere, so I guess the answer is to simply resign myself and forget about this order? Wow Google...

Koinb

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You are not alone. I am here with you. I received the same CC problem Email on 11/28 night. I called CS twice and they knew nothing. No account update, no more email from Google...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie