Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont think the CSR's have an idea as to what they are talking about. I had ordered another one on the 30th and that one still says pending

No doubt -- absolutely no clue. All they can do is read some info about our orders/emails on a screen, but I don't think they're being told anything about anything.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just came across this on the XDA forum:

"?GOT AN ANSWER ABOUT THE ?PRE-ORDER? STATUS CHANGE!"
?Finally got through to someone with common sense. Asked about the status change from ?pending? to ?pre-ordered? and he said that the system is now FINALLY sorting orders in the manner in which they were received so that people who order later do not end up receiving their phones before people who ordered earlier. So he said that the orders that have switched to ?pre-order? status are about to be shipped and are awaiting tracking numbers. He said once the tracking number is assigned the status will change to ?completed.? So that?s what the deal is I guess, if we are to believe that he really knows what he?s talking about. Frankly after all this I don?t trust Google and I don?t believe him!"
Source: ImHavenHart on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=37449

Nexus 4: German thread - Page 135 - xda-developers

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So I called CS again - not sure why I do this to myself - and asked: "what do you suggest that I do? I am open to anything: new order, anything". The answer I got: "err, I don't know... I don't have any information and there is nothing I can do"... How's that for customer service?

Update: I ordered yesterday another N4 16GB and I just got the email that it shipped... WTF???? Just fyi, in case you want to give it a try. This was my third order on three separate gmail accounts...

Last edited:

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just checked my Discover card ... and there's a new "pending" charge dated 12/13; granted, it's a negative charge, so not sure what's going on. There's no positive charge listed. Maybe I'll just give them a ring ...

WaitingForNexus4

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Dont worry about that, it will go away. Also, I got a reply from BBB,
Hi,

I checked your case and it looks like your order finally shipped. My sincerest apologies for the delays.

If you have any further concerns, you can reach out to Play store support at 1-855-836-3987.

Thanks,
Jeff

I dont understand how that explains why the delay was. On the other hand, did the complain make them ship my device? I dont know
Well, I just checked my Discover card ... and there's a new "pending" charge dated 12/13; granted, it's a negative charge, so not sure what's going on. There's no positive charge listed. Maybe I'll just give them a ring ...

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok - I'm seriously going to lose it. I finally got a response to the inquiry I made via the help section on Google Play, where you pop in your order # to inquire about your shipping. Here's what this CSR wrote me:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Google.

It's perfectly understandable how you would like your device sooner. Unfortunately, your order has been backordered. I will definitely make sure to keep you updated as much as possible.

Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship in three weeks. We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped. If you would prefer to cancel your order, please reply to this email and our team will assist you.

If you have anymore questions or concerns that is not addressed by these answers, please reply to this email for further assistance.

Thanks,

Carrie

Can't tell if this is just some standard response she sent me, or if this is really specific to my 11/13 order. I already filed a complaint with BBB earlier today.

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So I called CS again - not sure why I do this to myself - and asked: "what do you suggest that I do? I am open to anything: new order, anything". The answer I got: "err, I don't know... I don't have any information and there is nothing I can do"... How's that for customer service?

Update: I ordered yesterday another N4 16GB and I just got the email that it shipped... WTF???? Just fyi, in case you want to give it a try. This was my third order on three separate gmail accounts...

Scheduled for delivery tomorrow... let's see if that happens...

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

One big difference that I just realized. My other two pending orders have a shipping address different from billing (which has never been an issue in 5 years and is on file with my CC company). The order that went through and has shipped is going to the billing address (which I did not want to do since nobody's home during the day)...

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Order from the 12th of December delivered tonight though. I think you should give it a shot...

Serious??? Wow, I have orders from November 30 and December 13th and still nada. And of course my 11/13 order is still a mystery to everyone, including Google CSRs. All I keep hearing is to be patient and that they're investigating what's going on with my order. Effing frustrating. Especially since my friend from work brought his in. What an effing gorgeous phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Same here. Order from the 12th of December delivered tonight though. I think you should give it a shot...

Were you immediately notified with an email or tracking number? Or did it just magically appear?

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Order Date: 11th Dec 2012
Item: Nexus 4 16 GB
Qty: 1
My Location: US, Washington DC

I just received an immediate order confirmation email. Since then No credit charge, No change in order status, No tracking number and clearly no Nexus 4 in my hand.

I am confused:

1. Shall i stop worrying about it and lose hope on getting it by X'mas.
2. Cancel the order, as I am on vacation from 23rd Dec.
3. Place an another order and give it a try.

At the moment, just hoping for the best!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok - I'm seriously going to lose it. I finally got a response to the inquiry I made via the help section on Google Play, where you pop in your order # to inquire about your shipping. Here's what this CSR wrote me:

Can't tell if this is just some standard response she sent me, or if this is really specific to my 11/13 order. I already filed a complaint with BBB earlier today.

Do you think Google is a member of the BBB? That would make no difference to them. The BBB is an organization setup to collect membership fees.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you think Google is a member of the BBB? That would make no difference to them. The BBB is an organization setup to collect membership fees.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
Yeah, no doubt the BBB complaint won't do anything to resolve my order issues. But it something to do instead of having another pointless conversation with a Google CSR :)

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Serious??? Wow, I have orders from November 30 and December 13th and still nada. And of course my 11/13 order is still a mystery to everyone, including Google CSRs. All I keep hearing is to be patient and that they're investigating what's going on with my order. Effing frustrating. Especially since my friend from work brought his in. What an effing gorgeous phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Were you immediately notified with an email or tracking number? Or did it just magically appear?

I ordered on the 12th - pre-order status - midday on the 13th I got the "great news, it shipped" email and on the 14th it was delivered. In my case, this is the only (out of 10 or so orders) order that was shipped to my billing address. I think that's what made a difference, but given our collective experiences, who knows.

I had also ordered on the 27th (of November), the 11th of December... but these orders never shipped. I canceled them all, except the order from 11/13 because that one seriously annoys me. I will probably ask for free shipping on the order from 12/12 since it is effectively (as far as I am concerned) my order from 11/13...

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Not to get my hopes up or get excited, but my 11/13 order just updated on Google Play site to 12/15, and my Discover card has a new "processing" charge for the phone. I'm guessing they attempted to process today, well hopefully that's the case. Time to call Discover!

UPDATE: Called Google Play, the CSR (David) told me my 11/13 order passed through final authorization, so that this is good news and that the phone should ship out Monday or Tuesday. I'm skeptical, but honestly the best news I've heard from Google in a long time. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

jasaad

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Not to get my hopes up or get excited, but my 11/13 order just updated on Google Play site to 12/15, and my Discover card has a new "processing" charge for the phone. I'm guessing they attempted to process today, well hopefully that's the case. Time to call Discover!

UPDATE: Called Google Play, the CSR (David) told me my 11/13 order passed through final authorization, so that this is good news and that the phone should ship out Monday or Tuesday. I'm skeptical, but honestly the best news I've heard from Google in a long time. Fingers crossed.

Not to get ur hope down, but it happened once before for me and nothing happened. And now again it got updated to 12/15 so i hope you are right about this

Gringo11

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Not to get ur hope down, but it happened once before for me and nothing happened. And now again it got updated to 12/15 so i hope you are right about this

no updates for me and the authorization from 12/8 dropped off, so I expect to be back in the loop of unable to authorize $0.00 from Google...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma