N4 Setup Assistance help!

okanobi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I just received the N4 today! However, I'm having issues setting it up... this is my first Android device and if this is posted else where I apologize. So I put the new AT&T activated sim in my phone and I have access to voice. But, I can't get any MMS or internet I read this article, How to set up the right APN on your Nexus 4 | Android Central, that says if you are on post-paid it should just work... Is this a APN related issue or am I missing something? I appreciate any assistance thanks.

gcurtisjr

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be some debate about this. Personally, I had to log in to my AT&T account and use their chat system to have a representative enable data on the device. However, I was coming from an iPhone 5 that had LTE. Some are saying that simply inputting the necessary information for the APN works just fine. It didn't for me so I resorted to spending 5 minutes online with AT&T.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So I just received the N4 today! However, I'm having issues setting it up... this is my first Android device and if this is posted else where I apologize. So I put the new AT&T activated sim in my phone and I have access to voice. But, I can't get any MMS or internet I read this article, How to set up the right APN on your Nexus 4 | Android Central, that says if you are on post-paid it should just work... Is this a APN related issue or am I missing something? I appreciate any assistance thanks.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Did you come from a 4G phone?....It may be that your account needs provisioning to go back to HSPA+.

okanobi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Iphone 4S, however, I just got a new sim card form AT&T store inserted turne on/off and the voice worked. But I dont have any other capabilities such as MMS and interent. I played with APN settings still nothing. How do I provision it? Call AT&T?

UPDATE:
So this is the deal I chatted online with AT&T about it. Apparently my data plan and text plan were removed when they gave me the new sim card for the Nexus. Of course the guys at the store were clueless and couldn't even figure this out at that time. I was told I had to be on a Android data plan which they got to work for me of which is still "unlimited". I had to call billing separately to have my text plan restored to.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy