Lock Screen Short Cuts

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello... I've done some quick Google searching and it yielded no results I could see for what I'm looking for.

It was my understanding that when I touch the screen to unlock the phone, if I go to the right it unlocks, which it does. But In all the reviews I've seen when they touch that area they have the option to go up for Google Now, and go left for the camera quick access. I can only unlock, no matter which direction I slide.

What am I doing wrong? Please go easy, I'm coming from using iPhones since 2008. Thanks!

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hold your finger at the bottom where the Home button usually is then swipe up to access Google Now

Swipe from right to left in the middle of the screen to access camera... Opposite to access other Widgets.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm slightly guessing as I don't have jelly bean, (but I am running a vanilla rom, so hopefully similar) but try going into your system settings, and look for a "lock screen" setting. In there you should be able to set up your lock screen shortcuts as you would like. Good luck! I hope you enjoy...I much prefer Android to iOS!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just as clarification, the behaviour the OP is expecting is the lockscreen behaviour from 4.1.x. Google had changed that in 4.2.x to the above mentioned method. Swiping up from the bottom for google now and swiping to the left from the right edge to get to the camera.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Since Google introduced the lockscreen widgets feature, they got rid of the sliding shortcuts. You can still get them by downloading an app and they are also available in custom roms.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this existed in 4.1 but was removed in 4.2 (where swiping up for Now was uniformly moved to the bottom of the screen and swiping left for the camera was moved to a lockscreen widget). You can now swipe in any direction to unlock.