URGENT HELP- is my info on it?

wilderthing

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Long story short I bought an 8gb and it should be delivered tomorrow. I have figured out that it wont work for me and that I need at least the 16gb.

So I am selling it- AND NO I AM NOT MAKING A PROFIT- I am selling it for 350 and I paid 366. IMO it wouldn't be right for me to make a profit when I still have a semi decent phone and some people actually need a phone because they sold theres.

I forget weather I checked the box that allows Google to sync my account on it before they ship it.

Is there any way to check without opening the box and before I even get it?

Thanks in advance,

Wilderthing

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
call google and ask them. i dont think there is a way to know it without opening the box.

and why is it 366 for 8 gb? shipping is 13.99 and the rest is tax???

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You could call support and see if they have record of you checking the box. Otherwise you can just open it at the time of sale and check?

Also, who cares if you make a profit? Sell it for at least what you paid. No reason to lose money on it just because you realized its not going to work for you...

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah try and make a profit if you could. No reason to feel bad about that! I know I wouldn't.

If I recall it just automatically has your email username typed in for you... You'd still have to enter a password to access anything. But I would call to confirm this.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the box checked as it defaulted to it checked for me and I didn't want to uncheck it each time I tried to purchase, My device came today and it was not pre-configured with any of my info. Booted exactly the same as the one I bought from Tmobile.

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the box checked as it defaulted to it checked for me and I didn't want to uncheck it each time I tried to purchase, My device came today and it was not pre-configured with any of my info. Booted exactly the same as the one I bought from Tmobile.

Same. I'm certain I checked the box when I ordered my N4, and when it showed up I had to go through the usual setup of grabbing wifi and logging into my Google account. I'm not sure how they'd have linked it before I got it--I had to issue it a password before I could do anything with it (I use 2-factor). I'm not actually sure what they were going to do--the return address on my box is UPS Supply Chain Solutions in Louisville, so I'm sure they all came over from Korea on a pallet and have never been touched by Google.

And I'll echo the other people here--what's wrong with making a few bucks for your trouble?

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

Same here I checked the box for it to be connected to my Google account, but it wasn't once I got it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

wilderthing

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that I cancelled my order on Friday- so I don't want to call google incase they request it back.

and yes 17$ to ship the rest is tax. TBH this whole experiance has left a bad taste in my mouth and I know people who want it more then me. I don't want to exploit them just cause by a fluke I got lucky and got an order through. I read through some posts on here and I know how some are so upset with the people charging 500+ on ebay etc. I am also selling local.

If anyone knows of a way to check it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
There isn't any personal info stored on the phone out of the box. Once you sign into your Google account, their servers identify your phone and allow you to download your paid apps, gmail etc.

You're information will not be available to anyone without your account information.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they put it in for the phones. They had enough trouble getting them out the door, much less take the time to add accounts.