Nexus 4 scratch test

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Lots of folks are worried about the Nexus 4 glass screens. In case you guys were curious, here's my newly delivered Nexus 4 (both front and back) vs boxcutter, keys, coins, wrench.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Great scratch tests while I scratch my head wondering where my phone is

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
We're all sitting pulling our hair out just waiting to receive our phones, and you're doing plastic surgery on your newly acquired unit lol. You sir, are a bolder man than me. Does anyone have experience with Liquid Armor from Dynaflo?

mohamadali

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This video just proves to me that those reviewers claiming it getting scratched easily either have magic eyes or are full of bs. Thank you for the video sir, can't wait to ...order mine, haha.

Szabinger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Haha this is bullsh*t... Try scratching with a needle, or something very sharp and pointy. Of you vont scratch it with a key... Even my old sgs can take that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Android Central Forums

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I still have the back plastic it came with on lol. Will prolly get some sort of zagg or whatever similar product is out.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
hats off to you - i'd never be able to do that with my phone lol

I was thinking as this started what he would be like if it broke... Traditionally in your pockets like keys, coins, box cutters... not sure where your from but you might get arrested for that. Least you didn't use your misses ring .

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Haha this is bullsh*t... Try scratching with a needle, or something very sharp and pointy. Of you vont scratch it with a key... Even my old sgs can take that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Android Central Forums

Ya I usually balance my phone on the tip my miracle blade III knife!! Lol If u don't want it scratched get screen protectors and a case. I buy my things to use them I don't wrap my football up in plastics so the laces don't get dirty why would I cover up my beautiful phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking as this started what he would be like if it broke... Traditionally in your pockets like keys, coins, box cutters... not sure where your from but you might get arrested for that. Least you didn't use your misses ring .

people that work in shipping, retail or grocery carry box cutters all the time.

Edit, I suppose construction also.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
You put your own phone to the scratch test? You are a brave, brave, man. Videos like this just make me cringe. Nice video though

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
people that work in shipping, retail or grocery carry box cutters all the time.

Edit, I suppose construction also.

True, but I doubt they are carried open with the blade exposed (at least not intentionally). Which leads me to a question for OP: Did you do the test with the sharp, exposed corner of the box cutter, or just the edge of the sheath? It's kind of hard to tell from the video.

Also, gotta agree with your comment from the video: 0:27 - "I like 'em naked." :cool: Do you feel like you still have that "naked" feel with the bumper on?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people don't just go to best buy and have them put a screen protector on the back. it's the same as the front! Come on,I just want a nexus. I can deal with a few hairline scratches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463