Buying a Nexus 4 through a private sale, what to look for?

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Sick of waiting, and being on back order, so I'm picking up a brand new in box Nexus 4 tonight through a private sale.

Can anyone help me with what I should look out for? If the tape has been cut, what should I make sure is inside the box? What sort of tests can I do on the phone? Is there some sort of warranty, will I have issues with that if I need to send the phone in?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

rhale37

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
... If the tape has been cut, what should I make sure is inside the box? ...
Phone, bag with documentation (quick start and safety info), USB AC charger, usb charger cable and sim removal tool. You can review documentation at support.google.com/nexus and it will have an illustration of what's in the box.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Sick of waiting, and being on back order, so I'm picking up a brand new in box Nexus 4 tonight through a private sale.

Can anyone help me with what I should look out for? If the tape has been cut, what should I make sure is inside the box? What sort of tests can I do on the phone? Is there some sort of warranty, will I have issues with that if I need to send the phone in?

Any help is appreciated.

Look for a phone, a booklet, a charger, a cable, a box and box sleeve, a little thing for taking the sim tray out and the warranty is for 1 year from purchase date.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I would also go into settings, and click the storage entry to verify you are getting the version you paid for as it is impossible to tell just by looking at the phone.

08BlackWRX

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Another place is to look on swappa.com I just got my 16GB there...cheaper than any eBay one

Sent from my LG Google Nexus 4 via Tapatalk...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12