Nexus 4 Camera User Guide

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Why am I having such a hard time finding information regarding the Nexus 4 camera app?

What do the various icons mean? How to use photosphere, etc?

I can make some educated guesses, but a user guide would sure be nice right about now...

raysgrumpy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Probably the same reason that I can hardly find any info about this phone. It only came with a safety guide, warranty info and a quick start guide. On LG's website, I only found a pdf of the quick start guide. On T-Mobile's site, I found nothing. A friend told me that the user guide to his Nexus 7 was on the device in the Google Books. I looked there on my phone with no luck. I've learned how to do a screen shot and a few other tidbits from forums, but is there a user manual anywhere?!?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Probably the same reason that I can hardly find any info about this phone. It only came with a safety guide, warranty info and a quick start guide. On LG's website, I only found a pdf of the quick start guide. On T-Mobile's site, I found nothing. A friend told me that the user guide to his Nexus 7 was on the device in the Google Books. I looked there on my phone with no luck. I've learned how to do a screen shot and a few other tidbits from forums, but is there a user manual anywhere?!?

Not easy to find, but there is this: Nexus Help

Click the links on the left to expand the choices on the right. At the bottom, click the Nexus 4 Guidebook (PDF) link to download/view a 235pg PDF doc.

Unfortunately, no answers concerning my camera questions from what I can see.

bevhoward

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks... had been looking for this info for some time. Needed it this am.

fwiw, the info "touch button to take photo" is incorrect. The picture is taken when you _remove_ your finger from the shutter button, so, put your finger on the button and when you are ready to take the picture, take your finger off of the button... much more control, much steadier way to take pictures.

Beverly Howard

daveiq45

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
i
If you go to the following site :-http://support.google.com/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2838995
you will find all the information you need on the nexus 4 camera
Daveiq45

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If you go into your Play Books app you'll find the Nexus 4 User Manual. They did the same thing with the Nexus 7. Not sure if what you are looking for is in there, but it may be worth checking out!

bevhoward

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
The support site is complete and concise. imho, those pages should be a tap away from the camera screen.

Surprisingly, there is NO information in the Nexus4 manual. My assumption is that is because the questions are related to the camera _app_ rather than the camera and the manual doesn't address anything that is app specific.

fwiw, take a moment to actually use both the "panoramic" and "sphere" ... took a while for me to understand how to use them, but they have been valuable since.

Beverly Howard

readthis

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I just found this as well: Use Camera - Nexus Help

That link doesn't work. Please describe how to navigate to that page starting from the home page of whatever site that is, and also paste in the first couple of sentences from the page in question so the page could be found through a Google search. Links are no good because they break every few weeks and then no one else can find the information.

Thanks

readthis

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Mr. Nobody - that's what I was looking for ('navigation' as opposed to posting links)

Now if someone could tell me what universe there is where a camera is an 'app', that would be great - but a different thread altogether.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Now if someone could tell me what universe there is where a camera is an 'app', that would be great - but a different thread altogether.

Well there's a physical camera but also a camera app which is by default in the dock on your primary homescreen. And the instructions are really about the camera software (app) and how to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22