Google Wallet not Working

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Error:

Device Not Ready
Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the phone has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.

EXIT

anyone else...? fix...?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had some issues with Google Wallet when I first set it up but its working now. Keep trying to set it up, took me about 4 tries to get it working.

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it's working now.. the key with the Nexus 4 from the beginning is persistence...!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Heh. This device will be my fourth Google Wallet device. I have never had setup fail...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Wallet to work on mine. I've tried 4 times now. The first time it popped up and asked for my pin. When I entered it, it just thought about it for 2 mins and failed. The next three times, the app never even popped up to try and make payment. Is it my phone? The app? The fact that I'm using Straight Talk?

lexmir

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
If you are getting this message "wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized" while trying to open Google Wallet on your Nexus 4, I found a fix for my device. Here are the steps I took.

1. Turn your phone off and back on.
2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Wallet.
3. Clear the Cache and Data.
4. Disable the app. Reenable it.
5. Then, open Google Play and try to purchase a song (or anything else that is cheap).
6. After you finish your purchase, open Google Wallet app from your phone. It will allow you to choose the email account to set up Google Wallet.

After going through these steps Google Wallet will open normally.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are getting this message "wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized" while trying to open Google Wallet on your Nexus 4, I found a fix for my device. Here are the steps I took.

5. Then, open Google Play and try to purchase a song (or anything else that is cheap).
6. After you finish your purchase, open Google Wallet app from your phone. It will allow you to choose the email account to set up Google Wallet.

I did this, except for the purchase, and it was successful! These steps (minus making a purchase) are pretty much what I had been trying for the last couple weeks. The version of Wallet in the Play Store would initialize correctly, but it wouldn't add my credit card. The latest Wallet version, of which I had an .apk, wouldn't even initialize. Just now, Sunday, January 6, 2013, at 8:00 PM EST, it initialized and everything went through. It appears that Google just got their issues sorted out. Anyway, whatever happened that it works, I'm very pleased!

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

This worked for me to thanks:D:sly:

sent from nexus 4 or 7

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Nothing posted in this thread worked for me, not even clearing the data for NFC service in addition to Wallet. Today I tried again and it just worked. I had Wallet set up before I got this phone, and it was able to get right in and see all the cards I had attached to my account. A couple hours later I got this e-mail from Google support:

Google said:
Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we've investigated the 'Device not ready' error that you are experiencing. We have been working on this issue non-stop, and we've just made a change that we hope fixes this issue as of this afternoon 1/17/13.

Please clear the data of your Wallet app by navigating to your device Settings > Apps > Wallet, then select 'Clear data.' Then, please try to set up the Wallet again.

If these steps still do not resolve your issue, please let me know and we will attempt to address it as soon as possible.

It didn't work when trying to buy some stuff at CVS earlier, but it tried. I'm guessing CVS's paypass reader wasn't working properly.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nothing posted in this thread worked for me, not even clearing the data for NFC service in addition to Wallet. Today I tried again and it just worked. I had Wallet set up before I got this phone, and it was able to get right in and see all the cards I had attached to my account. A couple hours later I got this e-mail from Google support:

It didn't work when trying to buy some stuff at CVS earlier, but it tried. I'm guessing CVS's paypass reader wasn't working properly.

Nothing has worked for me. The version from XDA doesn't get past initial start up and force closes. The version from the Play Store sets up but shows "request failed" for my debit/credit cards. That leads me to call Bs on that email from Google I have am open ticket with them and I never got that email.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

kgeissler

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Nothing has worked for me. The version from XDA doesn't get past initial start up and force closes. The version from the Play Store sets up but shows "request failed" for my debit/credit cards. That leads me to call Bs on that email from Google I have am open ticket with them and I never got that email.

I had the same problem....make sure you have version 1.5-R87-v15. I didn't and when I installed that version on my N4 it worked perfectly. You can download the APK here: Download New Google Wallet APK 1.5