Would you downgrade?

darthus

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
People are seriously saying 4.1 was superior to 4.2? The only thing I've run into so far is the Starbucks app not being supported. Otherwise it's improvements across the board. Lockscreen widgets, Quick settings screen, improved Gmail, improved Google Now, Photo sphere, HDR support, improved camera app interactions, quick camera access, built in gesture typing, Miracast support etc.

Even if say Miracast support is buggy, why would you want to downgrade? I have yet to run into bugs that affect my normal usage of the phone. (or any bugs at all for that matter).

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Look. Software is going to be software. Sometimes its buggier than desirable, but that's the nature of the game. Downgrade to 4.0 on a Nexus 4? Yes, that is ludicrous. A fix/update will be here soon enough. Lets just all be realistic. This is a global unlocked Nexus. Isn't that the big benefit of having a Nexus? The software updates? We all need to learn how to take a step back and relax sometimes. Most of the bugs found in 4.2 don't even affect the Nexus 4 anyway, its more so the previous Nexus' that updated. Regardless, this is Google and the Nexus we're talking about. 4.2.1 will be released, and the clouds will part.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
As far as stock 4.1 vs stock 4.2 I would stay with 4.2 hands down. Saying that I can't wait to get some quality ROMs on this thing!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Since people now have the Nexus 4 in their hands, I see a lot of people saying that it is either missing certain components that should be there in the OS or something not working correctly, I had mentioned this before about downgrading before and got a shotty answer that Google wouldn't send no buggy software on a phone from one of the top guys here.

So here it is, would anybody downgrade to JB 4.1 or ICS 4.01 since it is proven to be stable?

I definitely would after seeing JB 4.2 isn't cracked up to all the hype.......OR at least until JB 4.2 has gotten all the bugs worked out and a proper update to 4.2 was available.

one mans downgrade is anothers treasure. I find the vs threads ridiculous...and the elite threads the same. Android has blown up, and the options are good. I never question ones personal choice.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
What are the bugs of 4.2? I haven't noticed any.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but my phone hasn't reset on itself, nor have I noticed anything odd (except for the missing December thing in the People calendar thing).

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Since people now have the Nexus 4 in their hands, I see a lot of people saying that it is either missing certain components that should be there in the OS or something not working correctly, I had mentioned this before about downgrading before and got a shotty answer that Google wouldn't send no buggy software on a phone from one of the top guys here.

So here it is, would anybody downgrade to JB 4.1 or ICS 4.01 since it is proven to be stable?

I definitely would after seeing JB 4.2 isn't cracked up to all the hype.......OR at least until JB 4.2 has gotten all the bugs worked out and a proper update to 4.2 was available.

Your statement is a little too vague to respond to - what does "isn't cracked up to all the hype" mean? What bugs are you referring to?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If any software was perfect updates would be non existent. I am sure there would be now reason to downgrade as soon they are probably almost out of the system, think of the Nexus line as software trial run. They try their best but initially there are few errors which get discovered like any other software.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
4.2 rocks. The only bugs I have noticed are the usual apps that crash after a new Android revision is released. Always seems to be the same cast of characters too...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Actually there was a mini patch OTA right before the phone was released. Phil's review on this site said the battery is more than capable. I would trust his review more than any crap I read from the verge or something. Plus google tends to release updates that target producing better battery life.

If you don't have the phone yet I wouldn't worry about downgrading or waiting for a new patch. Wait until you actually use it yourself and then evaluate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt