N7000 upgrade to a 8x or Nex 4

jontay02

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had the note I since jan 2012. Ever since then, the phablet hype has lived on and people are craving for the Note 2 over its new features.
However, i'm not sold cause it is a Samsung. Just like other manufacturers (sony, LG, Sammy , HTC), it's the BLOATWARE that kills it for me.
On the issue of ROOTING, many will understand how frustrating at times it is just to get well functioned ROMs. I've used both JellyBeer and SlimBeer to get the ' Jellybean' experience, 2 notches up from the stock GB rom that came along with it.

I'm not starting this thread simply for readers to sell me out on the NEX 4. Well, Its the only Android line up that is worth considering with a true GOOGLE experience.

Do you guys feel that it is worth selling off a GNote, only to top up an addition $AUD 100 for a NEX4?

Or wait till I am able to upgrade on my Vodafone contract and get the 8X?

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II right now (along with the Optimus G and a Nokia Lumia 822) and I feel sick whenever I think about going back to touch wiz. Just the stupid blop noises it makes constantly is enough to make me not want to use the Note anymore.

I used to not mind the skins. Even after having the Galaxy Nexus I didn't mind touch wiz that much. But now, after using the Nexus 4, I have no desire to use another skinned Android device. If I was to pick a non Nexus Android phone right now, I'd go with the Optimus G over anything Samsung is making. Optimus UI is much nicer than touch wiz in my opinion, I love that it has landscape home screen and customizable icons and the multitasking overlay feature, not to mention Optimus has no blops. Lol

BUT of course if you was going to buy a G, you might as well save money and get a Nexus 4 instead. Unless you absolutely require expandable storage and LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums