Hiding profile pictures in text messages?

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hoping for a simple answer. I'd like to hide the pictures box in the native messages app. Any ideas how I can do that?

Semi-related, how can I change the led colour, or the speed at which it pops up? (I'd like to get it to be more Blackberry-like)

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Update. Installed Light Flow Lite, but cant open it. Keeps crashing, black screen, no idea why. My co-worker can get it to run perfectly (same phone). Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Update. Installed Light Flow Lite, but cant open it. Keeps crashing, black screen, no idea why. My co-worker can get it to run perfectly (same phone). Any ideas?

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You can download an SMS app from the Play Store, like Handcent or GoSMS to customize your SMS appearance.

As for like flow, try going to the app drawer, long press the icon, drag it to "App Info", then press "Clear Data" and reboot your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You can download an SMS app from the Play Store, like Handcent or GoSMS to customize your SMS appearance.

As for like flow, try going to the app drawer, long press the icon, drag it to "App Info", then press "Clear Data" and reboot your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Thanks. I'll check those out.

The app doesn't show in the app drawer. Went to Settings > App > Light Flow > Clear Data. Restarting now. Still the same, opens to a black screen.

I've checked the Light Flow box in Accessibility (it also said to check an Accessibility box, but I have no idea where that box is).

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'll check those out.

The app doesn't show in the app drawer. Went to Settings > App > Light Flow > Clear Data. Restarting now. Still the same, opens to a black screen.

I've checked the Light Flow box in Accessibility (it also said to check an Accessibility box, but I have no idea where that box is).

If you're using the stock launcher, that's weird that it doesn't show in the app drawer. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you're using the stock launcher, that's weird that it doesn't show in the app drawer. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I'm not sure what you mean by stock launcher (this is my first Android).

I did unlock and root the phone (although apparently the root didn't work, as Titanium backup doesn't work). I've tried rebooting, uninstalling and installing the app, nothing works. It's the only app that's having problems (out of 30ish)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No idea then. If it were me, I'd get root access working, backup my apps with Titanium Backup, do a factory reset, install only Light Flow from the Play Store and see if that works. If it works, then restore the other apps using Titanium.

Sent from my Nexus 4

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
No idea then. If it were me, I'd get root access working, backup my apps with Titanium Backup, do a factory reset, install only Light Flow from the Play Store and see if that works. If it works, then restore the other apps using Titanium.

Sent from my Nexus 4

That worked! Weird, it asked for root permissions in order to work, but nonetheless it's all good now.