Nexus 4 does have LTE.

Qbancelli

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
From Anantech:
"Band 4 (AWS) could essentially be supported with the power amplifiers and transceiver that already are onboard the Nexus 4,"
AnandTech - Google Nexus 4 Review - Google's new Flagship

Also, ""According to Qualcomm's data sheet the MDM9215 is an LTE modem (LTE FDD/TDD CAT 3, SVLTE-DB, Release 9 DC-HSPA+, TD-SCDMA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, EGAL"). All the MDM92xx and MDM96xx Gobi chips have LTE. In fact, the MDM9215m specifically is the same modem used in the One X- which clearly does have LTE. What is more commonly claimed is that the Nexus 4 lacks an LTE amplifier. Yet Avago Technologies states that their ACPM-7251 amp supports "UMTS Dual-Band (Band1-UMTS & LTE and Band5 UMTS & LTE)". Again, a chip also used in the One X . Also present are Avago A5702 and A5704 LTE/UMTS power amps."

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I mean there is the FCC federal crime thing, but not sure how that plays in this case since the phone we was technically certified for those bands already.

Qbancelli

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Has AT&T actually deployed anything on band 4 yet?
Yes.
"The three models of iPhone 5 that are set to go on sale beginning Sept. 21 are specialized for certain markets.

One model, the GSM Model A1428, looks geared toward AT&T, the original carrier of the iPhone and a mainstay of Apple's U.S. phone business. It's built to use LTE in bands 4 and 17, both of which are deployed by AT&T. (T-Mobile USA's planned LTE network will also be in band 4, though that doesn't mean an AT&T iPhone 5 will work or even necessarily roam on T-Mobile, it only makes it possible to build units for that network."

mlarco52

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So now the big question...

Will this effect the phone at all, will it hard the phone in anyway? How will it effect battery life (worse battery life is expected). What negative effects will it have on the phone if any? I will be giving it a try tomorrow to see how it is as there is no LTE coverage at my house, weird because most of my city is covered then I checked the map and my house area is one of the only parts not covered LOL. I live in the middle of the city, but yes I'll try it tomorrow. Anyways here's another video for you guys to enjoy.

Nexus 4 has a working LTE radio in it - YouTube

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Awwwwwwwww sshizzles I will be getting this once back in stock has anyone confirmed if this will work on AT&T lte what bands I thought AT&T used band 7?

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Watched the videos, seem easy enough.. but before I start trying.. which I don't expect any results as I'm in the US.. I don't see what the current settings are.. in case.. I want to get back...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech