Question about T Mobile Nexus 4 and plan...

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have a question that maybe someone on here can answer. I know a local store right now that has 2 Nexus 4's in stock. My question is, if I bought the phone with a classic plan at $200, can't I just go home and call T-Mobile and switch to the Value plan and pay the $200 migration fee? That would put the phone at $400.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just called T-Mobile... If I get a classic plan today, I can call tomorrow and pay a migration fee of $200 and be on the value plan. That would bring the total of the Nexus 4 to $400.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it's what they call the fee to go from a plan with a subsidized device to a plan without. It's based on how long you've had the subsidized device etc.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
There is a $35 activation fee, I see early termination fee of up to $200 per line, so yes it would be $235 plus taxes, plus $200 early termination fee. I think the earlier you terminate the higher the termination fee is, but not sure on that, but the kicker is, is you may have to pay full price for the phone too if you cancel, which that is the sad part, so instead of paying around $400 you will be paying around $700 for the phone, so cheaper to buy it out right and save $200.

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope not. I hope it is just the 200 ETF fee. I guess I will find out in about a week since I pulled the trigger and got the phone. Luckily I have 14 days to return it if it doesn't work out the way I hope

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
So seems like I lucked out.... I paid $200 for the phone on a classic plan. When I called to change to the cheaper value plan the next day (expecting to pay the $200 merging fee) seems like ether they did not catch it or a computer glitch or something because I did not get charged the $200 merge fee and they changed me from the classic $89.99 plan to the value $69.99 plan. They even asked me if I wanted to get a new phone, which obviously I was like no thank you. So I guess I just got myself a 16GB Nexus 4 for only $200 while still being on a value plan! And my value plan with taxes and my discount only comes out to $68 a month!

Freshly_Snipes

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So seems like I lucked out.... I paid $200 for the phone on a classic plan. When I called to change to the cheaper value plan the next day (expecting to pay the $200 merging fee) seems like ether they did not catch it or a computer glitch or something because I did not get charged the $200 merge fee and they changed me from the classic $89.99 plan to the value $69.99 plan. They even asked me if I wanted to get a new phone, which obviously I was like no thank you. So I guess I just got myself a 16GB Nexus 4 for only $200 while still being on a value plan! And my value plan with taxes and my discount only comes out to $68 a month!

Same plan I got. Only I ordered through Google Play. I almost didn't want to sign the value plan contract..but I don't plan on leaving and I will also only buy unlocked Nexus from Google so upgrades are of no concern to me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox