A Few Simple Nexus 4 Questions

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
1. With the phone being glass and glass-like, I certainly get a screen protector on the front. Would you recommend the back also even if I have a case on it? There is an electronics store in the mall that has a machine that does it (My zagg won't be in for a week) Has anyone ever seen this machine...could it damage the phone

2. Is there a way to get 7 screens instead of 5 on the stock android without using another launcher. If not, I tried Go and don't like it. I have used Apex and Nova Prime. With this particular phone, maybe because of something you know, is one of those 2 going to be better than the other, other than I see half prefer one and half prefer the other

3. I am not used to Chrome. For instance tried it on PC and could not find a way to turn tabs off. Hate tabs Nevertheless, I know that's not a problem on the phone. But Is it really better than IE on the Nexus 4? Is there a way to get IE on the phone

Thanks to anyone reading and/or helping

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
1. depends on the case, if the case covers the back, then there's no need, if the back is not covered by the case, get a protector - they are dirt cheap

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
1. Yes definitely get a back screen protector, if you don't, you still may end up with a scratch, cases made are usually a little loose and often times get grains of sand or grit inside them, and you will never know until one day you take it out and realize why the scratches, and this is why.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
3. I am not used to Chrome. For instance tried it on PC and could not find a way to turn tabs off. Hate tabs Nevertheless, I know that's not a problem on the phone. But Is it really better than IE on the Nexus 4? Is there a way to get IE on the phone

You're saying that you don't like tabs, so you don't use Chrome on PC... Firefox and IE both have tabs. And if you don't like tabs... don't open additional ones. Am I not understanding something here?

And the only way to get IE on your phone is to get a Windows Phone 8.

Phenix

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
1. If you want to cover the back check out ArmorSuit or Skinomi. Both are relatively inexpensive and can cover the back and/or sides.

2. In my experience Nova has been smoother and less buggy than Apex. Your mileage may vary...

3. You should really give Chrome a fair shake on the Nexus 4, but Dolphin and Firefox are both really good alternatives. IE is not possible on Android and I don't see there being much demand for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's one of the few areas I am not with the times LMAO Stick with Chrome since it is maximized for Google now...or go elsewhere, Dolphin, etc..

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Marcus, yea, don't care for tabs at all. On IE you can disable them Not on Chrome or FF right To me, not opening another one isn't the same Suppose I could try.
When another one opens, that can be corrected in settings/advance/reuse or dont reuse windows just like when you are not using tabs, would that be correct?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You can't use Chrome Mobile,is so bad... I don't know what they were thinking when they replaced the stock propietary browser with Chrome. They throwed away a very very good browser.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Funny dude. But I never have those problems, and that is ONE guys ad from his own opinion from someone at Microsoft, IE, etc pissing him off. Or just one guys bad experience. Not that I am not gonna take your word that Chrome is so much better for Android, I indeed will. Thanks