Anyone using Nexus 4 on Straight Talk?

dmowry7300

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well... It's all over. I've been throttled. I'm using the apn settings I found on post #44 of this thread posted by rcliftcon. Never got an email or text warning or anything.

Only used 902mb since early December. I'm sad now cause at&t is too expensive and T-Mobile coverage is bad in my area. I may have to sell my N4 .24mb is the reason I left sprint. :(

Never tried to tether or anything.

View attachment 56189

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Where are you located???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Well... It's all over. I've been throttled. I'm using the apn settings I found on post #44 of this thread posted by rcliftcon. Never got an email or text warning or anything.

Only used 902mb since early December. I'm sad now cause at&t is too expensive and T-Mobile coverage is bad in my area. I may have to sell my N4 .24mb is the reason I left sprint. :(

View attachment 56189

How do you know you're throttled? Might just be a bad connection?

dmowry7300

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 56189

WOW....902MB!!! These reports are getting worse and worse. I really hope that using this phone with straight talk doesn't end up being a bad decision. Seems like straight talk subscribers are dropping left and right:-(

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Ontario California.

I know I'm throttled because I get the same speed over and over. Same speed at my house as I got a few cities away in Brea California where I work.

I've turned the phone on and off also tried toggling airplane mode.

It sucks because I was really happy with the service and even made a YouTube video praising the service. I'm thinking about taking the video down and telling everyone about my new experience. :(

dmowry7300

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Ontario California.

I know I'm throttled because I get the same speed over and over. Same speed at my house as I got a few cities away in Brea California where I work.

I've turned the phone on and off also tried toggling airplane mode.

It sucks because I was really happy with the service and even made a YouTube video praising the service. I'm thinking about taking the video down and telling everyone about my new experience. :(

Something else to give a try is to go into settings, click on more under wireless and networks, mobile networks, and toggle 2g on and off.

tlberg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Kmcocharm.

After calling Google they offered to replace the phone, but I sed I would try a few more things. I took the phone to Wall-Mart, no real help, and to Radio Shack, better but on answer. After calling ST one more time and meany resets I had a brain storm. I went to the ST web site & sim support and got the T-Mobile APN settings, put them in the phone and what do you know! it came to life. Called ST back & told them they sent a TM card with a ATT kit. Gave them the sim card # and they sed it was an ATT card and even though it was working with TM settings it will still be using the ATT system.I have little faith in that. Can't tell what system I'm on, but TM is very spotty outside of town as it is all over. ATT covers a lot farther, I,ll know before long. Told ST if my coverage is bad they will replace the card at their cost, they sed fine. We'll see.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Tried it it didn't work. :(

Any other possible fixes?

I would call them and ask why your days is so slow. They may just reset it for you. Also tell them that you haven't tethered or steamed or come close to their data limits. Someone else posted that they called & got their account reset.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Kmcocharm.

After calling Google they offered to replace the phone, but I sed I would try a few more things. I took the phone to Wall-Mart, no real help, and to Radio Shack, better but on answer. After calling ST one more time and meany resets I had a brain storm. I went to the ST web site & sim support and got the T-Mobile APN settings, put them in the phone and what do you know! it came to life. Called ST back & told them they sent a TM card with a ATT kit. Gave them the sim card # and they sed it was an ATT card and even though it was working with TM settings it will still be using the ATT system.I have little faith in that. Can't tell what system I'm on, but TM is very spotty outside of town as it is all over. ATT covers a lot farther, I,ll know before long. Told ST if my coverage is bad they will replace the card at their cost, they sed fine. We'll see.

Well, the don't make micro Sim for t- mobile, so I doubt that is the case. I guess keep trying it & hopefully it will work out.

VSG28

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So I have been trying to order the ST ATT microsim with 1 month service and when I hit the final order button I just go to the home page with no confirmation of the order anywhere. Is this normal? It has not been 3 days yet but even my credit card has not been charged yet.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
OMG. I just refilled for this month (straight talk att), and I noticed I am still getting throttled data speeds! I was throttled last month after using ~1.7GB of data, but I was 100% sure my speeds of 5-7mbps would come back after refilling. Did this happen to anyone else? Maybe i should wait a couple of hours?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I just thought of something. I left the proxy blank in my apn settings so I could run apps like speedtest. Maybe thats why i'm getting 0.29 download speeds even after starting a new month?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
straight talk has one of the worst customer service i have ever experienced. i was on hold last night and this morning for more than 40 min and no one answered. i got a hold of them today after around 30 minutes of hold, only to be transferred to another department, where I am put on hold again! this is insane.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
straight talk has one of the worst customer service i have ever experienced. i was on hold last night and this morning for more than 40 min and no one answered. i got a hold of them today after around 30 minutes of hold, only to be transferred to another department, where I am put on hold again! this is insane.
Having bare bones (and offshored) support is one of the ways they keep the pricing so low. So while the service is a great price compared with most other carriers, it can sometimes be a "you get what you pay for" situation.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Having bare bones (and offshored) support is one of the ways they keep the pricing so low. So while the service is a great price compared with most other carriers, it can sometimes be a "you get what you pay for" situation.

Lol true but at this point I'm tearing my hair out :-(. No answer as of yet

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357849778255.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357849778255.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 49

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
when the call hit ~1:40 I was really 2 seconds away from hanging up, but thankfully i got a hold of someone. got my speeds restored finally :). another thing to note: the guy said it takes 24 hours from when the airtime (for the new month) is added for the system to automatically remove your throttle.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Help!!! Lots of good info here, I have had a N4 for a few days. Have a ST Att SIM card and for the life of Me can not get the Data working. The phone & messaging work fine, porting was no problem. Wi-Fi works great at work (none at home). Others with ATT at work and home work well. Location maps say I'm good for 3&4G. Have tried all the different APN settings, even the MMS Proxy setting, mms2.tracfone.com, that the ST service help told me to replace 66.209.11.33 with. All other settings they went over were set right. I am begining to think I have a bad SIM card or a problem with the phone. I'll try Google next. Any ideas!

I know this is simplistic, but do you have Mobile Data turned on?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
he didnt. i guess it wasn't exactly 24 hours (although very close)...

I am having the same issue. i used less than 2 gig last month, but was throttled for the last week or so. the morning of my new month, i tested it. got around 4mbs, I was happy that i got my normal speed back. been watching my useage no big dl since. so far for 2 days only used about 50 MB. then i noticed my speed is slow again. did a speed test and i am only getting about 0.2 mbs. this is not acceptable if i have to call them every month to reset my speed. currently on the phone with them but who knows how long will i have to wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer