Voice dialing someone with more than one phone number?

Gatorplanet

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How do you perform a voice dial command for a person with more than one number so that the phone dials that number without having to tap on the screen to select which of the persons multiple numbers to dial? With the iPhone, if I wanted to call someone with a home and mobile number I would have to say "call john doe mobile" or "call john doe home". With the Nexus 4, if I say call "call john doe mobile" or "call john doe home" it doesn't even pull up the correct person. If I say "call john doe" it lists out all the numbers John Doe has which I then have to tap the screen to manually select before it will dial.

I'm trying to make the dialing experience in the car as hands free as possible. Thanks for any feedback.

Dan

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
How do you perform a voice dial command for a person with more than one number so that the phone dials that number without having to tap on the screen to select which of the persons multiple numbers to dial? With the iPhone, if I wanted to call someone with a home and mobile number I would have to say "call john doe mobile" or "call john doe home". With the Nexus 4, if I say call "call john doe mobile" or "call john doe home" it doesn't even pull up the correct person. If I say "call john doe" it lists out all the numbers John Doe has which I then have to tap the screen to manually select before it will dial.

Very odd, I just say call John's mobile if I only have one contact named John. Otherwise I'd say call John Doe's mobile, or call John Doe at home. Works everytime for me pretty much.

I'm trying to make the dialing experience in the car as hands free as possible. Thanks for any feedback.

Dan

Very odd. If I only have one contact named John then saying call John's mobile works, other wise I say call John Doe's mobile and again it works. If trying to distinguish between places I say call John at home, or at work etc. It works very well for me. Do you have any issues with accuracy in voice search as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781