Any opinions coming from an SG3 on Verizon to Nexus 4?

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm about to leave a SG3 on Verizon with LTE. Anyone have any opinions and comparisons on:
1. data speed
2. screen size
3. camera

I should also point out that I'll be using Straight talk with a T-mobile compatible network sim. I understand LTE is much faster, but I'm hoping that 5 to 6 mbps won't make me regret my move. Especially since I'm almost always around WIFI coverage.

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Screen size is about the same, data speeds will depend on your area and the camera, while good, is a bit worse. Certainly better than some others

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to leave a SG3 on Verizon with LTE. Anyone have any opinions and comparisons on:
1. data speed
2. screen size
3. camera

1. Data speeds are obviously slower on the Nexus 4 but not noticeable with day to day use. I phone is faster though because of the quad core processor and lack of bloatware.
2. The screen size actually feels better then my GS3. 4.7 feels perfect in your hand and with one hand use. I like this screen better then my GS3 as well.
3. The camera isn't anything special but does have cool features not found on the GS3 yet. Photo sphere is really cool to use in an open area and the new way to control the camera is way better then my GS3.

I'll also add; the GS3 feels a lot cheaper and not built with as much quality as the Nexus 4. I didn't really notice it until I felt the Nexus 4 in my hand but its a huge difference in quality. I'm still getting really good data speeds while on the go and don't really see the point of LTE now even after using it for awhile.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the S3 on At&t so I'm not sure how much my opinion will help but here goes:

1. The data can be much faster on LTE but, it can also be very fast and reach LTE-like speeds on HSPA+ 42. It just depends on were you are. From my experience in my city, it hasn't been that much different.

2. The screen size does look bigger on the S3 because of the lack of software buttons. You have all 4.8 inches of viewable screen with the capacitive buttons in the bezel area.

3. The camera seems better on the S3 from my experience as far as picture quality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza