New Update Rolling Out Now

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Are the updates released regionally or something? How come some people get them and some not? Sorry, I am relatively new to Android and just wanted to know how this works.

Thanks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Are the updates released regionally or something? How come some people get them and some not? Sorry, I am relatively new to Android and just wanted to know how this works.

Thanks.

If it's being pushed it will go out in batches... it isn't tied to region or anything like that (but that won't stop this thread filling up with people saying they got it or didn't get it and then giving their location, lol)..... just sit tight and it will be pushed to you in due time, usually within a day or a couple. :)

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
If it's being pushed it will go out in batches... it isn't tied to region or anything like that (but that won't stop this thread filling up with people saying they got it or didn't get it and then giving their location, lol)..... just sit tight and it will be pushed to you in due time, usually within a day or a couple. :)

So, if I understand correctly, google have a list of all active devices and make updates available in batches, correct?

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
So, if I understand correctly, google have a list of all active devices and make updates available in batches, correct?

Correct, it's probably done on the IMEI number of the phone and done in numbered batches. But realistically speaking it'll be a lottery as to when you get it, no way to predict.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Correct, it's probably done on the IMEI number of the phone and done in numbered batches. But realistically speaking it'll be a lottery as to when you get it, no way to predict.

Yep I think that's accurate on both counts. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I also don't believe that all the tricks, such as clearing Framework Services etc, gets the update to you any more quickly. When the rollout starts I just sit back and wait for it to hit my device.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the zip, slapped it into my device's storage, rebooted into TWRP custom recovery and flashed it. I had 4.2.1 running on my Nexus 4 within five minutes of learning there was an update and that includes the 3 minutes I spent debating on rather or not to wait for the OTA :D

Root Keeper did it's job and I kept root. Everything went smooth and fast. After doing it that way, I don't think I will ever be patient enough to wait for an OTA to arrive lol.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Root keeper?
Are you talking about this?

Yep that's the exact app I used. Open it up and there is an option to backup. Hit it, then perform the update and once you've rebooted hit the option to restore. Worked flawlessly for me. Then I uninstalled it until I need it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz