How do I disable the unsafe volume warning?

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
When I raise the media player volume after a restart I get this warning on the Nexus 4

2012+-+1

Does anybody know how to disable the pop up?

Ta v m.

Steve.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When I raise the media player volume after a restart I get this warning on the Nexus 4

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-w7eI7XSyGeA/ULSub0P_5HI/AAAAAAAAYBA/WBSCTnj1vwQ/s518/2012+-+1

Does anybody know how to disable the pop up?

Ta v m.

Steve.

I see that you are in the UK... Isn't that warning a Eurozone law or something?

I have not noticed that warning on my N4 here in the US. Perhaps it is tied to your phone's physical location or telephone number country code.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

I have not noticed that warning on my N4 here in the US. Perhaps it is tied to your phone's physical location or telephone number country code.

It happens to mine. I'm in the US.

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I recall updating my Creative MP3 player's firmware a few years back and finding that this sort of volume warning was on the EU version and not the US software. In that case I just used the US update. It's just the sort of thing the EU will meddle with so it figures, although it doesn't explain why it happens to you in the States Slowman.

Steve.

MerkurMan

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Happens to my 4.2 GNex using PowerAmp as well. I was listening to music through the external speaker at full volume, plugged in headphones and the volume automatically dropped to about 70%. That message popped up when I touched the volume rocker.

alexbergsland

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I get this on my Nexus 7 (4.2.1) and Galaxy Nexus (4.2) and I know at least the Galaxy Nexus is running US-firmware (tajku) so that wont be the reason.
I have set swedish locale but I dont think thats it either?

Im very much looking forward to any kind of solution for this

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My N4 is running Android v4.2.

I plugged in a set of ear buds and tested with Google's Play Music app, PowerAmp, and Audible. Ran the volume all the way from minimum to maximum in each test and did not receive the warning message.

I am in the US.

Crow1336

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you need to set the master volume for music higher?

From the manual:
To change other sounds and vibrations, go to Settings > Device > Sound and touch the one you want:
?Volumes sets the master volume separately for music, ringtones & notifications, and alarms. You can still use the physical volume control on the phone to raise or lower volume of whatever sound is currently playing.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you need to set the master volume for music higher?

From the manual:
To change other sounds and vibrations, go to Settings > Device > Sound and touch the one you want:
?Volumes sets the master volume separately for music, ringtones & notifications, and alarms. You can still use the physical volume control on the phone to raise or lower volume of whatever sound is currently playing.

Wow! It is kind of annoying the way sub-menus are not always obvious in Android 4.x...

Anyway, I turned up all the volume controls to the max and tried the tests again with Play Music, PowerAmp, and Audible. Still no warning about unsafe sound levels.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What if you set the master volume lower and then try to override it with the side buttons?

I am not certain I understand the question.

In my initial round of tests, I plugged in the ear buds, started up an audio source (like PowerAmp), then used the side buttons to run through the full range of volume from low to high without receiving the warning message.

Once you pointed out that there was an additional volume control in Settings, I went there and found that the bar for "Music, video, games & other media" was set at only around 60%. So, I raised it to 100% and then repeated the previous tests. Still no warning message.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

UK is not Eurozone considering you mean countries that use Euro, which UK isn't :p But yes, European Union (which is something diffrent and UK belong to) have regulation to limit headphone device volume to safe levels (which are not bad to your ear)... but by limit i mean without any warning, simply block it :> so i don't this is why there warning... or else i missed something and crossing limit is allowded just with warning