Sold out AGAIN!!!

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious? The price has nothing to do with how they are handling this.

Please explain with your infinite wisdom on online retail about how you would do it better? It's a popular device with THOUSANDS waiting to get in on it, and it shows in stock now to me.

redfoxdude

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Please explain with your infinite wisdom on online retail about how you would do it better? It's a popular device with THOUSANDS waiting to get in on it, and it shows in stock now to me.
I was there the moment it turned to IN STOCK. I have been unable to check out. Errors after errors.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to buy a Nexus 4 again and now it says its sold out again after trying to put it in my cart!!!!

You should have stuck with it. It did the same thing to me (it varied between saying it was sold out, saying it was removed from my cart and saying there was some unknown error), so I retried it 17 times! Finally purchased one on the 17th try. :)

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Had a 16 GB in my cart since 11/13 that for some reason showed as "Cancelled" today when I logged into the Play Store to check on shipping. So, also got the email about being back on sale and had one in my cart now since 3:03 PM EST 12:03 PST but unable to check out, continue to get error messages stating "Due to high demand, your order could not be processed. Please try again." I continue to hit the proceed button with no success.

If it doesn't manage to work this time around with all the issues over the past few weeks I am done. Will come back in the Spring and try once the demand is down and maybe Google has the servers in place to process my order.

redfoxdude

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
On Google Play: "Google Play is currently experiencing very high traffic. Nexus 4 is not sold out and will still be available for purchase. Please try again shortly. Thank you for your patience."

clayjohn, I've been trying to check out for over an hour now. It won't go past the cart. I've never seen the checkout page. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it worked for everyone else.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
clayjohn, I've been trying to check out for over an hour now. It won't go past the cart. I've never seen the checkout page. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it worked for everyone else.

I'm aware what a mess this is, my point was that it is not sold out... because it's not. Good luck.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Really? *facepalm*

Also, not sure where you're getting the idea it sold out in 15 minutes or less.... just went through for me, no refresh, on my first try, using my phone.

Yeah I'm serious. The price is why everyone wants it. Has nothing to do with how they are handling it.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm serious. The price is why everyone wants it. Has nothing to do with how they are handling it.

The price has everything to do with the traffic to the site. As Ziptied asked (and you ignored), please tell all of us your superior plan to handle this dilemma. Or, better yet, create another thread about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user