Little tip for those who attempt the next order window

Amiroquai

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This may or may not work, no guarantee. It did for me...

On original sale date, I frantically tried placing the order with reappearing various error messages. Couldn't get a hold of one.
Then I remember reading in this forum how someone managed to place an order for it using their phone, logged into the play store.
I thought it was either BS or sheer luck, considering the failed effort of others trying to order this phone on snappy desktops.

Today started a a deja-vu. I wasted the first 4 minutes of my time trying to order this thing through my desktop with no luck. I then remembered what I had read in the forum before, and simultaneously started trying to place the order with my 2 year old Droid X (that has seen better and snappier days...)

First attempt on the phone goes through smoothly, even while having to manually input my billing address, all through my phone.
All other other consecutive attempts on my desktop failed, as I was trying to place an additional order for a friend.

Not sure if the mobile version of the Play store (not the app), runs on different servers, or has a separate order input database. Whatever it is, it seemed to have worked for me. I don't think many people have even considered ordering the Nexus 4 through their phone, so perhaps the load on google was not as heavy via that interface.

Those of you who have failed ordering the Nexus 4 during the last 2 attempts, may want to consider this information and use it at your discretion.

Good luck!

Amiroquai

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I used my stock android browser, and navigated to the phone link in the online play store.
You can't get to the phone from the Play Store app itself.

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to buy on the mobile version but continue to get errors saying due to extremely high demand, your order could not be processed and to try again. The 16GB version that was in my cart since 11/13 states cancelled today after I received the email this morning, so was trying again with the same luck as the 13th. Maybe I am not destined to have a N4

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This did not work for me. I was using Chrome and Firefox on my broken N4 (story in "have you cracked it" thread) and no matter whether I was on wifi or HSPA, no luck.

Eventually I went to a PC, used the enter key trick on Firefox and got my order through in ~5 minutes.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This may or may not work, no guarantee. It did for me...

On original sale date, I frantically tried placing the order with reappearing various error messages. Couldn't get a hold of one.
Then I remember reading in this forum how someone managed to place an order for it using their phone, logged into the play store.
I thought it was either BS or sheer luck, considering the failed effort of others trying to order this phone on snappy desktops.

Today started a a deja-vu. I wasted the first 4 minutes of my time trying to order this thing through my desktop with no luck. I then remembered what I had read in the forum before, and simultaneously started trying to place the order with my 2 year old Droid X (that has seen better and snappier days...)

First attempt on the phone goes through smoothly, even while having to manually input my billing address, all through my phone.
All other other consecutive attempts on my desktop failed, as I was trying to place an additional order for a friend.

Not sure if the mobile version of the Play store (not the app), runs on different servers, or has a separate order input database. Whatever it is, it seemed to have worked for me. I don't think many people have even considered ordering the Nexus 4 through their phone, so perhaps the load on google was not as heavy via that interface.

Those of you who have failed ordering the Nexus 4 during the last 2 attempts, may want to consider this information and use it at your discretion.

Good luck!

this did not work for me. the phone was doing the exact same thing as the desktop (SGS 1)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey