Google's Shopping Cart Software SUCKS

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I get it that the demand outstrips the supply on the N4

But their merchant / shopping cart software FAILS big time.

I had an N4 in my cart at least half a dozen times and couldn't get past that step. And yes, I know others have complained about this, but obviously Gogole isn't listening because it is still broken.

Ticketmaster has figured this out... When you get a set of tickets in your cart you have X amount of time to move to the next step.

Don't tell me it's in my cart if it really isn't. That sucks.

Google, you need to fix your site and soon.

Heck, if they can't fix it, let me sign up for a pre-order and just fulfill them in the order received. Text or Email the reserving buyer and tell them they have 30 minutes to get to the site and click "buy it" and then move to the next person.

That's an hour of my life I'll never get back... sucks.

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
+ 1 - google play store SUCKS big time.
I think google should let Amazon do their selling online.......let the experts do the selling and let google do the searching.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Heck, if they can't fix it, let me sign up for a pre-order and just fulfill them in the order received. Text or Email the reserving buyer and tell them they have 30 minutes to get to the site and click "buy it" and then move to the next person.

I really don't understand why Google couldn't do this. Surely this would be MUCH easier to handle than what is going on now. They could quite easily provide a one-time link in the email, or provide a one-use code.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm getting this banner:

"Google Play is currently experiencing very high traffic. Nexus 4 is not sold out and will still be available for purchase. Please try again shortly. Thank you for your patience."

So essentially Google can't handle the load balancing.

The server that processes the transactions is the bottleneck (simplistic understanding, I know)...

Sucks.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
How is it possible that Google can process billions of search queries in a single millisecond but can't handle a little traffic for buying phones???

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
this is inexcusable. google is suppose to have the best programming whizzes in the world and they can't get a simple allotment of phones with a timer implemented?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital