Safe to buy Nexus 4 from Craigslist?

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I would love this new Nexus 4, but I don't want to wait 2-3 weeks. I found a few locals on CL who have a sealed Nexus 4. How would the warranty wok without a receipt? Is it safer to buy on ebay? How do I know I'm getting a true unlocked Nexus 4.

kgeier82

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
What else besides a true n4 would u be getting? they are all the same. I hesitate with CL. Even eBay with its nonsense inflated prices. Wish u luck!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Same way you deal with anything you buy on Craigslist - examine it closely, test it as much as possible, don't hand over money until you're sure of what you're getting, get more than just the email address of the person selling it, etc etc.

Mr SandMan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you're going to pay $500+; might as well get it from T-MOBILE.
I seen a few local ads. Some people were asking way too much! Seriously, bro, call your local TMOBILE store, and ask first before you wanna buy off CL/EBAY. Some of these phucking people are ridiculous. One guy wanted my iPhone 5 + $150 on top of that. I was so closed to say yes... just to meet him in person and punch him in the face. Thank god I was able to maintain. Can't stand these greedy bastards. They ruin it for us who really want one. I was able to order a N4 a couple of hrs ago. It was a long two weeks, but it was worth it... now, I gotta wait another 1-2 weeks. Ha, it's o.k. I'll try to enjoy the iP5 for now
Good luck

Mr SandMan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I would buy a phone off CL, i would get the person's license plate(s). If something was/went wrong, I'd ask for my $ back, if not, I would threaten them. It always worked

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
If you're going to pay $500+; might as well get it from T-MOBILE.
I seen a few local ads. Some people were asking way too much! Seriously, bro, call your local TMOBILE store, and ask first before you wanna buy off CL/EBAY. Some of these phucking people are ridiculous. One guy wanted my iPhone 5 + $150 on top of that. I was so closed to say yes... just to meet him in person and punch him in the face. Thank god I was able to maintain. Can't stand these greedy bastards. They ruin it for us who really want one. I was able to order a N4 a couple of hrs ago. It was a long two weeks, but it was worth it... now, I gotta wait another 1-2 weeks. Ha, it's o.k. I'll try to enjoy the iP5 for now
Good luck
I called t mobile here in Milwaukee. They do not sell the $499 unlocked version anywhere around here. I want to buy through them, but how? I also have to return my iPhone 5 before 14 days which is next week and can't be without a phone.

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Only if it's in its original sealed packaging. Does the Nexus 4 even come in a sealed packaging? Not the clear wrap, but like a sticker (how Galaxy tablet boxes are packaged).

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
How do I find out what t mobile locations have them for $499?

Call and ask. If they don't have it ask if they know which local stores do. You'll track one down, it just might take several calls. I agree, if you're going to spend $500 might as well go through a legitimate retailer.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Call and ask. If they don't have it ask if they know which local stores do. You'll track one down, it just might take several calls. I agree, if you're going to spend $500 might as well go through a legitimate retailer.

Today 1 store told me that no local store will have them in the entire metro Milwaukee area.

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Only if it's in its original sealed packaging. Does the Nexus 4 even come in a sealed packaging? Not the clear wrap, but like a sticker (how Galaxy tablet boxes are packaged).

Yes, there is black tape at the bottom. However, it does not say VOIDVOIDVOIDVOID when you peel it off like the Nexus 7's tape does.

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, so if the genuine tape is still on the packaging and wasn't tampered with, I wouldn't have a problem with buying on Craigslist. Although I would open it up in front of the seller. Who knows if they threw it against the wall or ground before putting it up for sale.

tuukka87

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Bought my nexus 4 through craigslist, guy was real nice , I inspected the box, phone etc . just be sure to double check everything .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ice Phrozen

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've wondered...

Person A buys Nexus 4 from Google and decides to sell it for profit on ebay/Craigslist.
Person B offers to buy the phone from Person A and does so via ebay or CL.
Person A gets paid, he's happy. Person B gets the phone, he's happy. And both go on their merry way

Person A feels bored and just loves to trololololololol and calls Google saying "My phone was lost/stolen. Remotely disable it!!"
Person A laughs. Person B then cries.

Now what?

EnderTheThird

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've wondered...

Person A buys Nexus 4 from Google and decides to sell it for profit on ebay/Craigslist.
Person B offers to buy the phone from Person A and does so via ebay or CL.
Person A gets paid, he's happy. Person B gets the phone, he's happy. And both go on their merry way

Person A feels bored and just loves to trololololololol and calls Google saying "My phone was lost/stolen. Remotely disable it!!"
Person A laughs. Person B then cries.

Now what?

You would have your emails/texts with the original owner that you could always show Google, law enforcement, etc. You can't prove that you gave them $500 cash after-the-fact, but if you're really paranoid, you could have use an audio recorder on your phone or whatever during the in-person exchange. If you can't hear the person crying out in pain as you're beating the living daylights out of them, or you threatening them with the gun in your pocket, chances are the transaction went smoothly and you did not steal the phone. :)

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I called t mobile here in Milwaukee. They do not sell the $499 unlocked version anywhere around here. I want to buy through them, but how? I also have to return my iPhone 5 before 14 days which is next week and can't be without a phone.

they have it on their website but its on contract... maybe you can somehow pay full price?

Mr SandMan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that, bro. Maintain tho... MAINTAIN! DO NOT FALL FOR THESE PHUCKING CROOKS. But, if you do decide to buy one... do not pay over $500, and make sure you open the box and make sure the device is in there, turn it on and test it out before you hand over the cash. You just never know these days.
I just received my iP5 today and tbh, it's not that bad. I'm starting to like it. If I get my NEXUS within a week and I decide to keep my iP5. I'll just sell it to you for the same price + shipping.
But, if you need a phone right now... make calls around your area. Don't give up. Good luck

Mr SandMan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a family member or friend who has TMOBILE? Have them call and order it for you. That's B.S. I walked in to a TMOBILE store and started yapping with some employees. We were talking about the Nexus 4. I told them that i was with AT&T and if they were willing to sell me one unlocked... they said YES! So, I was gonna get one this Friday, but thank god I was able to order one today. Hopefully I get it soon... before my 14 day trial, But, like i stated... im starting to like this iP5. Battery life is amazing! Received it at 9am (fully charged), now its 8:50 pm and I still have 50%. This is with heavy usage!

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a family member or friend who has TMOBILE? Have them call and order it for you. That's B.S. I walked in to a TMOBILE store and started yapping with some employees. We were talking about the Nexus 4. I told them that i was with AT&T and if they were willing to sell me one unlocked... they said YES! So, I was gonna get one this Friday, but thank god I was able to order one today. Hopefully I get it soon... before my 14 day trial, But, like i stated... im starting to like this iP5. Battery life is amazing! Received it at 9am (fully charged), now its 8:50 pm and I still have 50%. This is with heavy usage!

Not here in Milwaukee. T Mobile employee told me nobody around the city has em.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary