-------Nexus 4 Battery Life (Horrible, Major drainage!)-------

mset

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I paid hard earned money for a device, it should work the FIRST time I obtain
Yes, and we should have world peace as well.

This is ridiculous. Doesn't matter which phone you love or hate, every smartphone ever released has had problems, either generic ones that get fixed with OS updates or else isolated problems with individual production runs.

My first N4 was a bit unstable. I was extremely impressed that when I called Google, the guy basically didn't even ask me any questions, he just said 'here's your RMA'.

By the way, my battery life on the N4 isn't quite what I got on the iPhone, but it lasts a day with 4+ hours screen time and that's fine with me.

Now if I could only figure out why my Gmail push is intermittent...

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My first N4 was a bit unstable. I was extremely impressed that when I called Google, the guy basically didn't even ask me any questions, he just said 'here's your RMA'.

I finally called up Google as well about the battery life (and signal strength issues) and was surprised how quickly they said they would just RMA it. All they suggested as a factory reset and after telling them I had done that it was RMA and that was that.

The new one is a bit better in that regard as I think it hunts better for a stronger signal which is causing the battery to drain less.

Orr Hazout

May 24, 2013
Visit site
my n4 is also not that good battery wise. the screen drains my battery!
it is set on very low brightness and it turns off after 1 min of non use.
this screen shot is after 9 hours of use, with 1 hour and 47 min screen time. (damn how do i upload the photos?)

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6731/screenshot2013052417431.png#.UZ-HxkrRPKc

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2240/screenshot2013052417432.png

please take a look at the photos and help me, this doesn't look normal to me,

thanks

Last edited:

Orr Hazout

May 24, 2013
Visit site
haha...this is the translation:
the battery is on for 9 hours since i last charged.
I have 44% battery left.
the screen time is 1 hour and 47 min. and it says it uses 45%.

the screen is always around 45-50% for me. and i think it drains the battery real fast, i don't know how people get 5 hours with it.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
haha...this is the translation:
the battery is on for 9 hours since i last charged.
I have 44% battery left.
the screen time is 1 hour and 47 min. and it says it uses 45%.

the screen is always around 45-50% for me. and i think it drains the battery real fast, i don't know how people get 5 hours with it.

I can get 5-6 hours on stock phone, but I must be on wifi. Screen uses the most battery yes..thats normal

siefer999

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
im getting 2.5 - 3.5 hours screen time. 8-15 hours total unplugged. i have the snapdragon battery guru disabling almost everything. i dont play games, i just need my phone for email, calls, twitter, messaging and browsing but my biggest issue is I need my phone away from the charger for a lot longer than 15 hours unplugged. other battery apps dont work. Next android phone that can give me 8+ hours of screen time, 30+ hours unplugged gets my money

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
And one thing I would like to say, my battery drains A LOT when it is at 20%, so:

100%->80%=1h15min
20%->0%=much more lower time, lets say half an hour

Dont know why is that so, but it bothers me

Anurag Borkar

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
hey yes i am also facing same problem exactly same problem but my screen time was 1hr 35min wen my battery was 2% alive
mine is more horrible den urs!
mine also battery goes down from 98% to 95% if i use net(3G) within no time...!!
is this normal...???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol