Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It would appear the 11/30-12/1 shipping notices were accidental, but Google's system says they were shipped. When the time came to actually ship phones, the system picked up at the first unshipped order. I'm guessing everyone who received the 11/30-12/1 shipping notification is SOL.

I understand if they made an honest mistake, but c'mon, with all the d*** noise we're making they could have fixed it by now.. can't be that hard to fix.. seems trivial, but who am I to say that

ridehood

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I live in Oregon, ordered 27th at 1:00 PST, in the 1-2 week bracket, got shipping info @ 2:00am on nov 30th, currently in shipping limbo.

i'd be so d*** happy if I saw "origin" scan. My status is "exception" b/c I started a tracer from filing a lost package claim

Also in Oregon, ordered at 2:00 PST....and ditto to the rest of your post.

Does your package "last location" show somewhere in OR, or is it elsewhere? I filed a lost package claim as well and its shows a last location of where I assume the closest UPS facility is to my location.

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does your package "last location" show somewhere in OR, or is it elsewhere? I filed a lost package claim as well and its shows a last location of where I assume the closest UPS facility is to my location.

assuming you're talking to me, yeah it says "portland, or", but I'm going to venture a guess and say that it only says that because the tracer request starts in oregon and works backwards

17veen

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It would appear the 11/30-12/1 shipping notices were accidental, but Google's system says they were shipped. When the time came to actually ship phones, the system picked up at the first unshipped order. I'm guessing everyone who received the 11/30-12/1 shipping notification is SOL.

I agree. This makes sense. Hope they know by now and are fixing it.

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This, combined with an earlier post theorizing that Goog anticipated a delivery and got the labels made in advance, actually makes a lot of sense.

When the phones actually arrived, they couldn't send them to the people who got the 'accidental' notices because ours had already been 'shipped'. So just to get the phones out of the warehouse and into users hands, they just shipped real phones to the next people in line. Sucks for us who ordered early.

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know how to get the Google Play Store shipping email to appear in Google Now?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Here's an update:

1-2 weeker with YSOD

I filed the lost shipment claim at UPS and their update says:

Last Location:
Minneapolis, MN, United States, Wednesday, 12/05/2012

Note: While filing the claim - it showed my shipment originate in Louisville, KY

So this seems to infer that the package is in my town and might deliver today - except this doesn't exactly say "out for delivery" either.

My gut call is telling me this is just UPS blowing smoke up my ass, but I guess I will soon find out.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly right. Those were mistakes. The people that got the shipping email this morning were actually in the 1-2 weeks shipping window. Think the 30th ones were a mistake for the most part. Some are working though.
Hey guys I'm still showing shipped on mine. Received the email this morning
I had 2-3 wk time frame

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Here's an update:

1-2 weeker with YSOD

I filed the lost shipment claim at UPS and their update says:

Last Location:
Minneapolis, MN, United States, Wednesday, 12/05/2012

Note: While filing the claim - it showed my shipment originate in Louisville, KY

So this seems to infer that the package is in my town and might deliver today - except this doesn't exactly say "out for delivery" either.

My gut call is telling me this is just UPS blowing smoke up my ass, but I guess I will soon find out.

No, it's probably because the tracer request starts in your city, and works backwards to whatever address you put in as the origin (Kentucky probably?

Thing342

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
That may be true, but I'm going to be mighty pissed if I have to wait 4-5 weeks for something I was told was going to ship 5 days ago.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
No, it's probably because the tracer request starts in your city, and works backwards to whatever address you put in as the origin (Kentucky probably?

Except Mpls isn't the city I entered... it is one of the final truck dispatch locales for me though, with St. Paul being the other.

- - - Updated - - -

That may be true, but I'm going to be mighty pissed if I have to wait 4-5 weeks for something I was told was going to ship 5 days ago.

It could be much longer if they decide to put us at the very back of the line and don't decide to do so for several more days while they uncover what is going on!

Last edited:

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That makes absolute sense.

timothykim

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
update #3. ups tracking number has given me a scheduled delivery date of Thursday December 6, 2012.
ship to location has also updated to my address city. (for those who missed my earlier posts my order shipped out today)

BDwaq.png

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
For what it's worth, I do not have an email saying it shipped, but the charge just showed up on my credit card, which I guess means that it might have shipped. I'm a little surprised, since I'm one of the ones that ordered an 8 GB model, and even the first batch of those (which I was in) had a 4-5 week estimated wait time.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
ordered on the 27, on nov 29 i got chargerd and google said it was shipped out.

dec 5 and there is still no update when i click on the UPS tracking number, WTF IS THIS?

also i was charged like 13$ for the UPS 2nd air shipping, which means i should have received my device by now god damn

XsynthZ

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I sure hope that people who bought their phones in the 1-2 week shipping window don't just get f***** in the a** because of an error on Google's end. I did not spend 45 minutes clicking at a mile a minute for this s***.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae