Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys can any body show the email to me, what exactly you have got, and what this mail means?

Thanks

5GmV7.png

A_S_V

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Looks like so far...early morning 4 am or so the time to receive it....

Are the shipping emails being sent out still, or were they just during the night? Has anyone gotten one recently? (i.e. Not at 3 or 4am)

Frustrating. Some people who have shipping notices ordered after me (4:57pm EST, 16gb version)..:'(

krunchy1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my confirmation too. I'm excited that it shipped sooner than I expected.. but shesh.. charge for 2 day shipping and then ship it on a Friday? Google really sucks at this stuff. I ordered 2 (one a as xmas gift), and their system screwed up and only showed 1 after the order, so I had to get a second order in and pay for two separate 2nd day shipping charges. Their customer service couldn't do anything about it.

scoutzdad

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 16gb on 11/27 at 4:58pm EST and received shipping email this morning at 4:06.am. UPS tracking number still not active in their system, but I guess that's to be expected. Can't wait to join the android community (from iOS) and have found this forum a great resource! Thanks to all!

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I got my confirmation too. I'm excited that it shipped sooner than I expected.. but shesh.. charge for 2 day shipping and then ship it on a Friday? Google really sucks at this stuff. I ordered 2 (one a as xmas gift), and their system screwed up and only showed 1 after the order, so I had to get a second order in and pay for two separate 2nd day shipping charges. Their customer service couldn't do anything about it.

What part of 2 day shipping means that it will be in your hands 2 days from the moment you order? 2 day shipping means that once UPS has your package, it will be at your door in 2 days. Google charged you for that service, not for them to process your order, package your order, send your order to UPS, and then UPS deliver all in 2 days.

krunchy1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What part of 2 day shipping means that it will be in your hands 2 days from the moment you order? 2 day shipping means that once UPS has your package, it will be at your door in 2 days. Google charged you for that service, not for them to process your order, package your order, send your order to UPS, and then UPS deliver all in 2 days.

I understand how it works, and I'm not in any major hurry to receive my phone. I would have requested a much slower service. 2nd day shipping is completely pointless when used on a Friday, since it won't arrive till a Tuesday. It's the same amount of time a much cheaper service would have cost. Companies that deal with shipping on a regular bases work this angle. Amazon for instance, if you order something second day shipping on a Friday, they send it overnight automatically as long as it's within the shipping window. If not, they at least give you a heads up on the arrival date and would allow you to choose a cheaper option.

What I'm saying here is, you would never go to an online retailer and pay extra for 2nd day shipping and order it on a Friday. That's stupid. Google force our hand.

AndyPolidore

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered at 5:08pm EST Nov 27 and got my shipping notification at 4:02 am today. I have a feeling there is a closer relationship between shipping and the time you got the Nexus 4 in your shopping cart rather than when the order actually went through.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I understand how it works, and I'm not in any major hurry to receive my phone. I would have requested a much slower service. 2nd day shipping is completely pointless when used on a Friday, since it won't arrive till a Tuesday. It's the same amount of time a much cheaper service would have cost. Companies that deal with shipping on a regular bases work this angle. Amazon for instance, if you order something second day shipping on a Friday, they send it overnight automatically as long as it's within the shipping window. If not, they at least give you a heads up on the arrival date and would allow you to choose a cheaper option.

What I'm saying here is, you would never go to an online retailer and pay extra for 2nd day shipping and order it on a Friday. That's stupid. Google force our hand.
Ok, I understand what you mean. You can't really compare Google with Amazon, it's like comparing Ford to Walmart. While it is unusual to not have the option to choose your shipping, there really was no way for you to know it would happen to ship on a Friday. You may get it Monday though.

A_S_V

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered at 5:08pm EST Nov 27 and got my shipping notification at 4:02 am today. I have a feeling there is a closer relationship between shipping and the time you got the Nexus 4 in your shopping cart rather than when the order actually went through.

I think you are right, because I had it in the cart for about 30 minutes and then I was able to order it, so, basically 5 pm - 5.30 pm EST window for adding to cart and placing order.

That could be the reason why others who ordered at 5/5.30 pm got the tracking # already and I am still waiting, probably they had it in the cart for couple of hours before they were successful in placing the order. I struggled for 2 hours about just to keep the N4 in the cart, every time, check out resulted in "card empty" message, it finally worked at 5 and then again I had to try many times and it worked at about 5.30 pm.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Good to know a lot of orders are shipping early! Hope I get my shipping notice soon. Funny, someone posted in a different thread (I think) about Google feigning a shortage, with long shipping times, then suddenly getting orders out ahead of schedule. Hmmm...

I am guessing many of you were given the "1-2 weeks" shipping estimate. Hopefully those of us in the 2-3 week block will get an early surprise as well. I ordered 5:57 PM CST on the 27th. Still pending.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Good to know a lot of orders are shipping early! Hope I get my shipping notice soon. Funny, someone posted in a different thread (I think) about Google feigning a shortage, with long shipping times, then suddenly getting orders out ahead of schedule. Hmmm...

Business 101: Better to over estimate a wait than to under estimate one.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So it sound like everyone that got the shipping email got it around 4-5 ish in the morning. Has anyone received the email later? I got my order processed with confirmation email and all before 6EST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair