Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Would you rather them drop a package on your door step thats worth over $300 and someone steal it?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

shadowtrixz

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." is the status you guys have on your UPS tracking statement don't be too sure that it will arrive. The phone is most likely still in production/packaging/or somewhere in the factory being processed. Just so you don't get your hopes up to be let down. Give it a few days if it tells you only the label has been created.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh my gawd, I hope there's no signature required. If that's the case, it would have been a show stopper for me if I knew that up front and I wouldln't have ordered it.

When I ordered a Straight Talk sim a couple weeks ago, I accepted the default shipping which was FedEx but didn't realize/notice that it was signature required. The shipping option didn't even allow me sign the slip allowing them to leave it at door on 2nd attempt, or even reroute the shipment to where I work (both of which I've done before).

It was quite a debacle.

Chazdiesel

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." is the status you guys have on your UPS tracking statement don't be too sure that it will arrive. The phone is most likely still in production/packaging/or somewhere in the factory being processed. Just so you don't get your hopes up to be let down. Give it a few days if it tells you only the label has been created.

Definitely agree with this. I have all the indications of an arrival today except it did not arrive.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I completely understand where you are coming from and I can see your point of view, but I take a different viewpoint, I paid (I had no choice in the matter) for 2 day shipping and I was notified that my N4 was shipped on Friday. If I have paid for 2 day shipping I rightfully expect my package to arrive 2 business days after I am notified that my package has shipped.

Dan

so friday would mean the first business day right? which would mean theoretically should have it by monday (today)? correct me if im wrong

RedVagabond

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but my status says delivery by the end of the day today as well. I just saw the UPS truck pull into my apartment complex and then leave a few minutes later. no knock on my door, and no package.

Label Created On:
11/29/2012
Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 12/03/2012, By End of Day

Maybe that just shows what was supposed to happen and not what is going to happen :/

tejasoffroad

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Agree that the information UPS has on us is very disturbing, they knew the month my sister was born in and where i graduated from college. As for the supposed package, i just received an email from UPS that it would show up between 11:15 and 3:15 tomorrow. Is the signature thing true, because I'll be at work.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

i agree with you but then why did google send emails saying our orders have been shipped? wtf.... no updates on my tracking status still

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There is the ability to electronically approve UPS to leave the phone there on the tracking page. You can also change the delivery options to be held at the UPS location or change delivery location (this one can sometimes take an extra day though).

Based on the lack of any update, I've given up hope on it arriving today. I'll hold out for tomorrow :)

Chazdiesel

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Heck I don't mind waiting. But don't tell me the product has shipped and have me wait to receive and then no-show. I have done lots of internet shopping and can honestly say this is probably the overall worst experience I've had. I have paid for the device now along with 2 day shipping. I have received neither service.

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but my status says delivery by the end of the day today as well. I just saw the UPS truck pull into my apartment complex and then leave a few minutes later. no knock on my door, and no package.

Label Created On:
11/29/2012
Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 12/03/2012, By End of Day

Maybe that just shows what was supposed to happen and not what is going to happen :/

I've had the UPS guy in my neighborhood many times in a day often.... I've had them stop at my house more then 1x to drop off packages in a day.

Not sure they are quite as optimized as they could be around the holiday season.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol