Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

WeNeedCupCakes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Let's not go that far just yet. While it sucks that we got duped, I would like to give Google and/or UPS some time to fix the problem. I'm pretty sure we can wait until the end of the week.

I have no problem whatsoever waiting, if they contacted us and said they took the money early on acident it'd e okay. Keep it. It was going to go to them anyways.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Then how did some people who also ordered on the 27th, got their shipping and tracking info on 30th got the phones delivered in the past two days?! Looks like a cover up story to me.

i think for some the email was legit, just not all, like me for instance. real sh***y management of this whole situation. i havent heard of anyone that got it while still in the YBOD status.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for this. At least now I know that I do, indeed, need to kick in to Virgin for one more month of service on my old phone.

no prob bro

Plecebo

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on the 27th 2:39 PM PST and unchecked the box to link to my Google account and still have no shipping info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jdfurtado

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on the 27th at 3:15 EST, I got an email with a a ship date of one to two weeks, and then received a email saying that my 16 GB has shipped with a tracking number. I have been stuck in UPS limbo ever since, no updated tracking info except that is in Kansas. Anyone else have a similar experience?

bartolo5

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 27th 2:39 PM PST and unchecked the box to link to my Google account and still have no shipping info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What is the estimated timeframe for shipping you got on your order email? Mine was 1-2 weeks and got shipping email on friday 29th although nothing has been shipped yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered on the 27th at 3:15 EST, I got an email with a a ship date of one to two weeks, and then received a email saying that my 16 GB has shipped with a tracking number. I have been stuck in UPS limbo ever since, no updated tracking info except that is in Kansas. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Yes. Tons of people in your same situation, me included.

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email from Google saying that if it has been more than 5 business days after the shipping notification they will contact UPS to see what is going on.

MOSologist

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Google Play. Right away they knew about this issue & escalated the case. The rep admitted that there was an issue with their system that they're looking in to and they don't know why shipping notifications were sent out that shouldn't have been. They also said that they're received a lot of phone calls today about other orders with the same problem.

I'm doubtful, but supposedly I'm supposed to hear back in 24-48 hours with a reason as to why this happened.

P.S. My order went through at 4:06:51 pm EST with a 1-2 week shipping window & the shipping notification came in on 11/30 at 4:03 AM EST. My CC has also been charged the full amount (it's posted not pending).

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the 27th at 3:13:04 PM with the linked box checked. Below is my current tracking status.

AvDHF.jpg

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354673282989.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354673282989.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 31

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you guys are whining and moaning about to be quite honest. Perhaps your eyes glazed over from the thought of throwing money on yet another tasty new phone that will be forgotten about in a few months and you couldn't properly read shipping estimates, but the earliest estimates on the 27th said 1-2 weeks shipping time.

To the average person, this is pretty straightforward, but some of you tech fiends out there seem to have trouble deciphering these cryptic messages that Google seems to deliberately scheme in order to make your personal lives living hells. Allow me to clear the waters and shine some light and hopefully everyone will walk away from this with better expectations and more nerves: YOUR PHONES WILL NOT ARRIVE IN A WEEK OR LESS THAN A WEEK FROM WHEN YOU PURCHASED THEM. At the earliest, according to what you agreed to when you bought them, your phones will SHIP OUT today (a week after you bought them), which would mean with 2 day shipping... let me do some math... yes, you'll have to wait another 2 days for your phones. Horrible, I know, but get ready for this next part: those are the EARLIEST estimates, as Google said 1-2 weeks so that means it could potentially take a whole other WEEK before your phone ships out, and just like before we add the shipping time on top of that because we learned today that "shipping" is not synonymous with "in my hand installing the latest starbucks app" so add another 2 days, and the first phones are to be arriving are in 9 days from today. Anything sooner is just luck and Google rewarding you for your extended patience. Perhaps they're too busy answering your annoying phone calls and can't actually get any work done shipping phones.

Stay safe out there, friends.

Very well thought and, except for some obvious points, a good post. I think you are forgetting the main point, of all points, and that is that many of us received emails saying the phone would arrive yesterday (12/3). I agree with you about the expectation part, and for the most part that is what I am doing. There is no excuse for saying you will not charge unless something is shipped and then charging it, either. My gripes are things I can live with but, frankly, why make promises you don't intend to keep?moreover?why not apologize when you are wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol