Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Max P, I believe you will get it by Friday, please update us by late Friday or Saturday on the status

Yesterday I spoke with a fairly candid Google representative. The air in which he conveyed the info felt like he had a hunch--the specifics of which he was prohibited from disclosing--that I would get my order by the end of the week. Despite the lack of specifics or concrete details, it feels like there is a consensus, at least in the form of esprit de corps, that the 1-2 week customers will receive them by the end of this week.

I am curious if the LA strikes have had an impact on this round of shipments. Afterall, these are coming from Korea (right?). Then again, one would think with such high demand this merchandise is being flown in on B-52s and drop shipped to major metropolitan areas.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I also believe the quick assignment of a tracking number was a CYA move. I got the tracking number on 12/1, and the money was charged to my credit card (not pending) on 12/2. But my tracking number is in "shipping limbo" because there has been no change in status since I got it. Technically the phone should have been delivered yesterday. By 8pm I pretty much figured there would be no UPS knock at my door, and I don't expect to see it today, either. C'est la vie. I have one N4; this is a second, so I'm much more laid back about this one's arrival.

I think DogEars meant the "1-2 weeks" estimation was a CYA move, not the quick assignments of tracking numbers. That would actually be the opposite, by promising something with no intention of having it out on time (2 days).

KathyJN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I think DogEars meant the "1-2 weeks" estimation was a CYA move, not the quick assignments of tracking numbers. That would actually be the opposite, by promising something with no intention of having it out on time (2 days).
I understood. What I was trying to say was that in addition to the CYA move of "1-2 weeks" I think the tracking numbers served to mollify. I certainly was lulled into thinking I'd get my item yesterday until I realized there was no update to the tracking status. True, not a "CYA" move, and not likely intentional. But it worked, briefly, for me.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
16GB Order date: Nov 27, 2012 at 6pm PST
Estimated Shipping 2 -3 weeks...

Just check my credit card and it shows:

NEW! Pending Transactions
Chat Live Now
Hide Pending Transactions
Pending transactions are transactions that have been deducted from your available credit but have not yet posted to your account. Transactions may take up to three calendar days to post. Pending descriptions and amounts may differ once posted due to merchants sending authorization requests before the final purchase amount is known. This commonly occurs with hotel, restaurant, gas station or car rental transactions.
Transactions cannot be disputed until they post to your account.
Trans. Date Post Date Description Amount Category
Total $ -389.04
12/05/2012 PENDING GOOGLE *ZYNGA INC $ -390.04 PROCESSING (why does it say zynga? and why does it say 12/5 when I placed the order on 11/27?)
12/04/2012 PENDING 76 / CIRCLE K $ 1.00 PROCESSING (got gas yesterday but it was a lot more than $1 LOL)

laser155

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I really wish the tracking numbers would actually track. A lot of people in this thread keep reporting that they receive their device but never had any tracking status changes.

A_S_V

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I really wish the tracking numbers would actually track. A lot of people in this thread keep reporting that they receive their device but never had any tracking status changes.

I am curious to know if they received the device in 2-3 days or 5-7 day after the credit/bank card was charged.

TheBriz09

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I spoke with a fairly candid Google representative. The air in which he conveyed the info felt like he had a hunch--the specifics of which he was prohibited from disclosing--that I would get my order by the end of the week. Despite the lack of specifics or concrete details, it feels like there is a consensus, at least in the form of esprit de corps, that the 1-2 week customers will receive them by the end of this week.

I am curious if the LA strikes have had an impact on this round of shipments. Afterall, these are coming from Korea (right?). Then again, one would think with such high demand this merchandise is being flown in on B-52s and drop shipped to major metropolitan areas.

Interesting, you're not the first person who has gotten that hunch. Someone over a xda-dev noticed that the past few weeks shipments have been batched out on Tues/Wed. Not that the comment necessarily means anything, but... I have my fingers crossed. (As I have many times before =/)

Another guy at xda-dev pointed out that UPS Worldport in Louisville, KY (where shipments seem to be originating from) is having trouble filling holiday positions, which may be related to the backup.

For the record I'm a 1-2 week order, got my shipment email on Nov 30th and stuck in UPS limbo like everyone else here. =(

TrevMoore

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Received my shipping confirmation at 4 this morning. Order was placed at 5:36 PM EST. I'm not going to get into this wild shipping speculation though. Good luck to the rest of you

laser155

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I am curious to know if they received the device in 2-3 days or 5-7 day after the credit/bank card was charged.

They ordered on the 27 and google reported shipping on the 29/30th. They received them on monday and tuesday. It was only a few people a couple pages back. It wound up being 3/4 days after getting the shipping notice. They were charged on their bank/credit cards on 29. I got my shipping notification on the 29 or 30th too but haven't received anything and UPS still says processing. It has been more time than 2nd day shipping has ever been anytime that I have paid for that service. It is very irritating.

dipdewdog

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Order date: Nov 27, 2012 5:42:29 PM EST - Given 1-2 week shipping estimate.
1x 16GB N4

Received shipping notification from Google Play today (12/5) at 4:09am. UPS doesn't have a record of the tracking number.

Based on the experiences here and at xda, I'm not expecting to see it by Friday.

Update: just checked my AmEx pending charges... the pre-authorization from the 27th has not disappeared yet, and it appears they re-authorized my card for another $390.00 this morning rather than just finalizing the existing pre-authorization. I'm not worried about that, AmEx will take care of it if there's a problem, but man what a mess.

J2eAx.png

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Received my shipping confirmation at 4 this morning. Order was placed at 5:36 PM EST. I'm not going to get into this wild shipping speculation though. Good luck to the rest of you

Exact same for me...

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Quick update for my posts from yesterday:

As of 4:00 am my package is tracked as being out for delivery in my city. Here's hoping I'm not the only one with an unlimboed tracking number.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You are a super moderator and you just asked this?

Yes I did. Does being a Super Moderator mean that I can't ask questions or something? I haven't ordered a Nexus 4 yet, so I'm not going through what you guys are. I decided to wait for the rush to be over so that I don't HAVE to go through it.

A_S_V

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
What time did you order. I know I know, it really doesn't matter, but please people tell us what time you ordered.

Order date: Nov 27, 2012 5:42:29 PM EST - Given 1-2 week shipping estimate.
1x 16GB N4

Received shipping notification from Google Play today (12/5) at 4:09am. UPS doesn't have a record of the tracking number.

Based on the experiences here and at xda, I'm not expecting to see it by Friday.

Update: just checked my AmEx pending charges... the pre-authorization from the 27th has not disappeared yet, and it appears they re-authorized my card for another $390.00 this morning rather than just finalizing the existing pre-authorization. I'm not worried about that, AmEx will take care of it if there's a problem, but man what a mess.

http://i.imgur.com/J2eAx.png

I noticed the same thing on my Amex account too

Leo90604

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My status:

Order Date: November 27, 2012 2:33:18 PM UTC-8 <-- PST time

Your Google Play Order from Nov 27, 2012 Has Shipped --> Email received today at 1:06am PST.

Not able to track package through UPS which is fair since it stated it won't have an update after 24 hours.

I had a pending charge on Nov 27 and it dissappeared on Monday. I now have a pending charge again.

====================================================================================
Dec 5
Google Inc. charged your VISA XXXXXXXX for $393.53. "GOOGLE *Devices" will appear on your billing statement.

Dec 5
Google Inc. shipped your order.
Track UPS package #1ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nov 27
Google Inc. received your order.

Nov 27
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 27. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to XXXXx@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is what I got.
Your order has been sent to Google Commerce Ltd.
Google Commerce Ltd is responsible for charging and shipping your order. Have questions? Contact Google Commerce Ltd.

Dec 4
Google Commerce Ltd received your order.

Dec 4
You placed an order with Google Commerce Ltd on Dec 4. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to caballa31@gmail.com

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am really becoming impatient now. I made my order at 17:04 and got my confirmation email at 17:06. But I haven't got any shipping emails yet.

If you were in the 2-3 weeks window there's no reason why you should have a shipping email. Some just got lucky and as it stands now they may not be that lucky. If you got 2-3 weeks then you have up to 3 weeks until they even ship it..then you can start getting impatient.

anon(823926)

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone who's received their device despite the lack of tracking updates checked the tracking number on the package against the number in their email. I wonder if the tracking numbers that were emailed out are incorrect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood