Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got a UPS MyChoice alert--my 16GB Nexus 4 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! (All times EST)

• 11/27 5:42pm - Ordered and got a 1-2 week shipping estimate.
  • 12/5 4:09am - Shipping E-Mail from Google Play
  • 12/5 12:02pm - Tracking Info Available on UPS - Origin Scan Louisville, KY
  • 12/5 4:31pm - Departed Louisville, KY
  • 12/5 4:46pm - MyChoice Delivery Alert for 12/6

My info is alomst exactly the same of yours, i ordered at the end of the 1-2 weeks order time frame (5:36). mine just updated to being delivered tomm by the end of the day

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got my shipping notification today (2-3 week bracket). Shows in transit from KY with an estimated delivery on Thursday. Looks like I got overnight, not 2-day :p
Oh my gawd. The 2-3 weekers are turning into the 1-2 weekers and the 1-2 weekers are going to get swapped into the 2-3 week bracket.

e_rene

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Wohoo!
Mine just got updated too:

Scheduled Delivery: Thursday, 12/06/2012, By End of Day

Louisville, KY, United States 12/05/2012 4:13 P.M. Departure Scan

12/05/2012 1:04 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 12/04/2012 4:31 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

The same happened here.. I was in the "2-3 weeks" waiting period, however, this morning I got the shipping email:

Thank you.
Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS #xxxxxxx. Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.

Order date: Nov 27, 2012 3:12:01 PM PST

Then, if I go to the UPS site:

Package is "In transit":
Louisville, KY, United States 12/05/2012 1:04 P.M. Origin Scan

UPS 2ND DAY AIR

However, let's see what happens, probably they just jumped the gun again.

SX0T

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd add. No new info really, but here's what I got.

Ordered 27th.
First Shipping notification 30th.
Stuck in Limbo.
Contacted Google.
Escalated my order to "shipping experts".
Nothing yet.
Rep said she cannot "confirm" but she assumes that they will be refunding shipping cost for those of us who this has happened to.
Did not say anything about when I'll get my effing phone.

So - yeah. We got boned.

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
it may be faster to cancel your current order and reorder.... (don't actually do it, this is just speculation based on the fact that we may never receive our nexii)

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Apparently, Google wasn't made to run shipping operations... or online limited inventory hardware sales smoothly. I almost understood their weird Play Store performance, but now to majorly screw up shipping is really bad. Next time, they should go contract someone who knows how to handle inventory and shipping (iono, Amazon comes to mind).

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If we're lucky.

My guess right now is the unlucky 1-2 weekers will stay in limbo as google attempts to get head out of ass - which might take a couple weeks (as we have seen with the guy who is still waiting from the first release). And then at that point, not wanting to piss off even more people, they will slot us at the end of the line - so 6 weeks we might see a phone.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
it may be faster to cancel your current order and reorder.... (don't actually do it, this is just speculation based on the fact that we may never receive our nexii)

Except as explained by the guy who is still in limbo from the very first round of purchases, you can't even cancel the order - the system is really THAT screwed up.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been finding all the crazy rage going on over on xda kind of amusing. But now I think their rage isn't crazy enough.

Last edited:

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm REALLY tempted to order and cancel my order...I really hope I don't get shafted for ordering too early!

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
75497968.png

if i get my item this week, then i better the a refund on my shipping charges. 2 days my ass

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm REALLY tempted to order and cancel my order...I really hope I don't get shafted for ordering too early!

yeah I'm considering doing this... nexus 4 on the play store is at a 5-6 week delay... and there are people on xda who have nexii which shipped today, and they're receiving it tomorrow,

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on the 27th at 3PM PST using the tab method, I was what you guys are calling a "2-3weeker" (I can't say that with a straight face haha) I put the phone out of my mind because well it would get here when it gets here you know? My Nexus S is still going strong, anyway I digress...woke up this morning to a shipped email. Checked the UPS tracking and it said it had an origin scan, I just checked again and now it says it has departed KY with a scheduled delivery date of 12/06/12 by the end of day. I feel for those that are having problems with getting their phones.

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The ironic thing is that I have had a T-Mo 2-year contract phone here for about 10 days and LOVE IT!!! However, I am gonna return it as the hoped-for buy-then-break-contract scheme hasn't really worked out as I expected...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney