Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So after like 15 days of waiting with "pending" on my order status, I got bored and sent them an email complaining about people ordering after me getting the device before me. They just charged my credit card and sent me this email (from a CSR)
"Hello Tyler,

Thanks for contacting Google Play. Rest assured we are working efficiently to make sure everyone receives their device in the quoted time frame. At this time I can't comment on a different customer order.

Regards,

Charlene
The Google Play Support Team"

Not sure if my complaining made them bump me up or if it just got their attention but they charged me so that means it shipped. Now I just gotta wait. And btw it says "Pre-ordered" instead of pending now.

What was the original ship timeframe when you ordered and was it 8GB of 16GB?

kioshimoto

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Me too. "According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of December 12."
...guess I'll wait for tomorrow if anything changes!

Thats good you received an email within the same day. Now you have something to hold them against to..their EXACT words. Worst case, your shipping gets refunded.

BTW, since i received my phone late today in the evening...in the Google Play statement paper it says i ordered on Nov 28th...too many errors on Google's behalf, really sad.

kpkr12

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
My order details, still it's in pending state. Please let me know the contact details to contact.

Order Date: November 27, 2012 1:55:26 PM UTC-8

Thanks,
Pavan

gniks1988

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Order placed on Dec 10, 2012 8:43:36 PM EST
Estimated to ship in 5-6 weeks
Card charged on Dec 11
Phone shipped on Dec 11 (2 day shipping via UPS)
Phone received (Dec 12).......
My UPS Tracking

my other order
Order placed on Nov 30, 2012 5:43:36 PM EST
Estimated to ship in 6-7 weeks
Still Pending.

kpkr12

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
So after like 15 days of waiting with "pending" on my order status, I got bored and sent them an email complaining about people ordering after me getting the device before me. They just charged my credit card and sent me this email (from a CSR)
"Hello Tyler,

Thanks for contacting Google Play. Rest assured we are working efficiently to make sure everyone receives their device in the quoted time frame. At this time I can't comment on a different customer order.

Regards,

Charlene
The Google Play Support Team"

Not sure if my complaining made them bump me up or if it just got their attention but they charged me so that means it shipped. Now I just gotta wait. And btw it says "Pre-ordered" instead of pending now.

Hello Tyler,

Am also facing the same problem from last 15 days. Please let me know the mail_id to contact them.

Thanks,
Pavan

asmanikabutar

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Order date: Nov 27, 2012 8:14:54 PM PST
Estimated Ship: 4-5 weeks

Credit card charge appeared today and status went to Pre-ordered on the play site. Hoping I get this before Christmas!!

jaxdave

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 2 8GB phones on 11/27 at 5:57pm EST and haven't heard a thing. Order still pending. I placed an order for a 16GB yesterday at 3:45pm EST and it went from pending to pre-ordered in about 15 minutes. I got an email at 4:35am EST this morning saying my order has shipped, including tracking #. This is crazy.

Cotwolf

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thats good you received an email within the same day. Now you have something to hold them against to..their EXACT words. Worst case, your shipping gets refunded.

BTW, since i received my phone late today in the evening...in the Google Play statement paper it says i ordered on Nov 28th...too many errors on Google's behalf, really sad.
I'm pretty sure I received nothing more than an automated reply. Should I send them another email? I just noticed not too long ago my order is listed as "Pre order, Nov. 29" on Google Play. I don't know how long it's been like that. It was listed as "Pending" before.

K0dos

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 16GB one on Nov 27th and got a shipping email this morning with a tracking number. UPS has no information for the tracking number and my card has not been charged yet but I should get it before Christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I received nothing more than an automated reply. Should I send them another email? I just noticed not too long ago my order is listed as "Pre order, Nov. 29" on Google Play. I don't know how long it's been like that. It was listed as "Pending" before.

Two days ago I emailed them and got a canned response. Then last night about 10:30 I received an actual response. Followed by a response to my second email that I posted.

Michael Rodgers

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Found a way to contact them, and asked for an update and to be "refreshed" since so many people who have ordered after us have already received their phones. Received the following automated response:

Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of January 02.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.

I actually wouldn't mind this as an explanation if so many people weren't getting phones who ordered in December, with even longer shipping times quoted to them...