So I have had the N4 for a few days now, but have had the 4s for over a year. Here are some unbiased, basic points.

I do like the 4s, it is a not bad phone for sure. I wanted to try the new androids, and seeing the N4 coming out soon, I thought I would get it. I sold my 4s for more than the N4 costed as well, so win- win so far.

Firstly, the looks: both phones look well, both are sleek and non-plastic looking (thank God!). The sides of the 4s do look a little better though/look more high quality. Not a big fan of that fake chrome on the N4 buttons; not a big deal anyways. The 4s feels a bit heavier, not a lot, but a noticeable amount that it feels more solid. The N4 seems like it has more "give" in its shell - which is better if it falls, so that's good at least. The 4s is small, but the N4 was very easy to get used to, I like its size in all ways except its slightly more annoying in my pocket, oh well.

The cameras are fairly similar, the 4s looks like the better picture while aiming to take it, but when you compare them afterwards in the photos section, the N4 picture quality increased a heck of a lot. The iphone may slightly have better colour on the pictures, but they are really similar.

The android 4.2 is so much more fun to use than the OS6. Apple is very plain, same with their OS obviously and it was just boring to use after a few months. The 4.2 looks great, fun to use, so customizable! - the main reason to get this phone over an Apple product.

Just a few things I think Google should have put in 4.2. Notifications that pop up on the screen even when the phone is in standby (like iphones can), so you dont have to open the phone to see what was sent. I know their are apps but google would have made it better quality/look better. Also, iphone has a better "reminders" app - very convenient to use. Yes, perhaps there is an app for that that as well but as apple's comes standard and excellently done, good should have that as well. For the new text messages, in the messaging screen, they should be a different colour, like green, not white when unread compared to a light grey when read - too similar.

My signal strength is slightly better on the 4s, usually one bar more - so its close but why couldn't this newer N4 have a better receiver?? The speaker quality on the 4s is much better. Still the N4 can obviously make a call, heck I don't even call people that much compared to texting, but still, it should have been a bit better.

Lastly, of course the N4 is faster in downloads, videos, games than the 4s - no surprise there.

So that's all I have for now, I totally love the N4 - mostly do to the speed of it and the awesome 4.2. I think the Apple phone 4s/5 is in every way better quality/hardware, but the N4 is amazing for the nexus product line and not that far behind.

ps. it feels and looks soo much better than the tacky, plastic S3
    KenDavidson likes this.
    11-28-2012 10:25 AM
    11-28-2012 10:37 AM
    So I have had the N4 for a few days now, but have had the 4s for over a year. Here are some unbiased, basic points.

I do like the 4s, it is a not bad phone for sure. I wanted to try the new androids, and seeing the N4 coming out soon, I thought I would get it. I sold my 4s for more than the N4 costed as well, so win- win so far.

Firstly, the looks: both phones look well, both are sleek and non-plastic looking (thank God!). The sides of the 4s do look a little better though/look more high quality. Not a big fan of that fake chrome on the N4 buttons; not a big deal anyways. The 4s feels a bit heavier, not a lot, but a noticeable amount that it feels more solid. The N4 seems like it has more "give" in its shell - which is better if it falls, so that's good at least. The 4s is small, but the N4 was very easy to get used to, I like its size in all ways except its slightly more annoying in my pocket, oh well.

The cameras are fairly similar, the 4s looks like the better picture while aiming to take it, but when you compare them afterwards in the photos section, the N4 picture quality increased a heck of a lot. The iphone may slightly have better colour on the pictures, but they are really similar.

The android 4.2 is so much more fun to use than the OS6. Apple is very plain, same with their OS obviously and it was just boring to use after a few months. The 4.2 looks great, fun to use, so customizable! - the main reason to get this phone over an Apple product.

Just a few things I think Google should have put in 4.2. Notifications that pop up on the screen even when the phone is in standby (like iphones can), so you dont have to open the phone to see what was sent. I know their are apps but google would have made it better quality/look better. Also, iphone has a better "reminders" app - very convenient to use. Yes, perhaps there is an app for that that as well but as apple's comes standard and excellently done, good should have that as well. For the new text messages, in the messaging screen, they should be a different colour, like green, not white when unread compared to a light grey when read - too similar.

My signal strength is slightly better on the 4s, usually one bar more - so its close but why couldn't this newer N4 have a better receiver?? The speaker quality on the 4s is much better. Still the N4 can obviously make a call, heck I don't even call people that much compared to texting, but still, it should have been a bit better.

Lastly, of course the N4 is faster in downloads, videos, games than the 4s - no surprise there.

So that's all I have for now, I totally love the N4 - mostly do to the speed of it and the awesome 4.2. I think the Apple phone 4s/5 is in every way better quality/hardware, but the N4 is amazing for the nexus product line and not that far behind.

ps. it feels and looks soo much better than the tacky, plastic S3
    Was your iPhone 4S with AT&T on contract?

You mentioned you noticed faster data speeds on the N4.

Did you have to change the APN settings for this?

Did you have to call AT&T to change you data plan?
    11-28-2012 02:29 PM