iPhone 5 to Nexus 4

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Those people are wrong or don't know what they are doing. Here's a couple screen shots from battery life on my 5.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/2a4amu6a.jpg

This cycle majority of the time was on Wi-Fi but even still with my GNex rooted running Liquid the closest I came to this was 25-27 hours standby on mostly Wi-Fi. My normal usage is texting, streaming music while I drive, Facebook and YouTube.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/e4ajuvah.jpg

This screenshot is more indicative of what I normally get.
Don't get me wrong I still love android but I started out with the original iPhone in 2007 and after using four android phones I wanted to come back and I'm glad I did. Now next year when my contract is up with VZW I'll probably get the nexus when it's released.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

If you can get 27 hours out ofa galaxy nexus....

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
If you can get 27 hours out ofa galaxy nexus....

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

True LOL but that was not using it all and of course rooting and crack flashing like crazy got me to that. This usage is all on stock and that's what the OP is referring too.

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I love my iphone 5 And my nexus 4 on the other hand My biggest complain is the fact my iphone 5 gave me 2 days of battery life on normal use and my nexus 4 gives half a day. Its a bummer,any tips ?:-!

Go to your setting and battery and see what is using the battery, and don't go around with brightness at 100%

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mattatwar1

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. All I see is ios users here to boast how good their battery life is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, look how good mine is

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354489968718.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354489968718.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 39

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Here's mine. Not stellar but not as bad as many here claim.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354490327816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354490327816.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 33

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Those people are wrong or don't know what they are doing. Here's a couple screen shots from battery life on my 5.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/2a4amu6a.jpg

This cycle majority of the time was on Wi-Fi but even still with my GNex rooted running Liquid the closest I came to this was 25-27 hours standby on mostly Wi-Fi. My normal usage is texting, streaming music while I drive, Facebook and YouTube.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/e4ajuvah.jpg

This screenshot is more indicative of what I normally get.
Don't get me wrong I still love android but I started out with the original iPhone in 2007 and after using four android phones I wanted to come back and I'm glad I did. Now next year when my contract is up with VZW I'll probably get the nexus when it's released.

Ugh that UI. Someone would have to pay me to go back to iOS. I'm currently getting a full day of use with my Nexus 4 and that's with moderate usage throughout the day. If a phone can get me through the day without a charge with moderate usage like calls, texts, email and music then its good for me.

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit my iPhone 5 gets way better screen on-time. Generally I get around 4 hours or so on the i5 and my old Verizon GNex would barely get 2 hours with 25% brightness with most everything turned off. I can't wait to try the N4.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've charged every smartphone I've owned nightly. You think I'm trying to go the next day on 50% charge?! I own a smartphone for a reason, I'm a heavy user. If I wasn't, I'd be using a "dumbphone".

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
my7uvuha.jpg

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis