iPhone 5 to Nexus 4

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I love my iphone 5 And my nexus 4 on the other hand My biggest complain is the fact my iphone 5 gave me 2 days of battery life on normal use and my nexus 4 gives half a day. Its a bummer,any tips ?:-!

Last edited:

Allen Ramirez

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Half a day is terrible. I can usually expect 1 to 1.5 days on a charge with moderate use. Perhaps there may be a battery defect with your unit. Of course I know different app setups can make a lot of difference on battery life but half a day is quite low.

As for switching from iPhone, my fianc?e is all about apple but after using my nexus she says she will switch.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I was thinking about switching too. With that, probably wont then. Thanks
I think I'm just gonna sell mine soon let me use it for a full week. My download speeds are shot. At&t can't do anything about it. I can't even check instagram when I'm outside. Phones great battery's shot data sucks. Oh I forgot my biggest problem is the fact when I connect to the Bluetooth on my car I have to play the songs from my phone unlike my iPhone I can use the screen on my dash

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Half a day is terrible. I can usually expect 1 to 1.5 days on a charge with moderate use. Perhaps there may be a battery defect with your unit. Of course I know different app setups can make a lot of difference on battery life but half a day is quite low.

As for switching from iPhone, my fianc?e is all about apple but after using my nexus she says she will switch.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I love this phone I know android wasn't ever great on battery I had a G1 I think Google did the best with the n1 battery life was great.. I will let my battery drain today and see how it does it wouldn't hurt to sell on eBay I'll probably get 400-450 for it

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Half a day is not right. I had 19 hours on mine with fairly decent usage. Granted around 5-7 of those hours where on airplane mode at night, but still....

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I swear all I do is browse the web and use instagram
You on wifi? Also, I'd check your sync settings. There are sooooo many things that are trying to sync and update that you can crank em down and save a ton of battery. Oh... and what about your screen settings? auto?

Also post up a screenshot of your battery usage, that will help give us an idea of what is eating your battery.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup everything is done on WiFi since my mobile internet sucks..gonna check the sync setting right now, my screen kills 35% of the battery and it is on auto and the android system kills the rest

Last edited:

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I love my iphone 5 And i love my nexus 4. My biggest complain is the fact my iphone 5 gave me 2 days of battery life on normal use and my nexus 4 gives half a day. Its a bummer,any tips ?:-!

2 days?

It must be great being one of those people that barely uses the phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Lazo7

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and waiting for my Nexus 4 to show up next week. Its my 2nd Android device after getting the Nexus 7 on black friday and really getting to love it. In regards to the APN settings i will followed the above settings. Im also going to be switching between the i5 and N4 every so often. Do i have to mess with Apn setting everytime i put the sim card in the devices? Also after setting the APN settings up for the N4 and when i switch back to the iphone 5 will my LTE work flawlessly?? Thanks for any response

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
2 days?

It must be great being one of those people that barely uses the phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

I never said i barley used my phone... 2 days on my iphone 5 gave me 100-150 text a day 1 hour of bluetooth music play back each day moderate web browsing and normal use of facebook and instagram . my N4 on the other hand gives me about 8 hours with doing all that. And email delivery every hour and i never shut my wifi off

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and waiting for my Nexus 4 to show up next week. Its my 2nd Android device after getting the Nexus 7 on black friday and really getting to love it. In regards to the APN settings i will followed the above settings. Im also going to be switching between the i5 and N4 every so often. Do i have to mess with Apn setting everytime i put the sim card in the devices? Also after setting the APN settings up for the N4 and when i switch back to the iphone 5 will my LTE work flawlessly?? Thanks for any response
Apn setting only effect the phone setting nothing to do with the sim i beleive so when you pop the sim back into the iphone 5 it should be no prob. Too be honest i thought it was a great idea of switching back and forth. Now i feel like its going to get annoying

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep. One of the many reasons I sold my N4 tonight on Craigslist, at a small profit! can't beat that!
i don't know about a small profit any more lol people out here in new york are selling 8gb N4's at 450 and 16's ay 550 lol im putting mine up on wednesday for 430 i'll be happy with that. i switched from a htc sensation to the iphone 4s i tried to make an attempt to switch back to android with samsung galaxy s3 that was a fail. now from the Iphone 5 to the N4 its looking like a fail

Lazo7

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Takes less than a minute! Lol. As long as you have everything on both phones like contacts, and other important things then its worth it.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
i don't know about a small profit any more lol people out here in new york are selling 8gb N4's at 450 and 16's ay 550 lol im putting mine up on wednesday for 430 i'll be happy with that. i switched from a htc sensation to the iphone 4s i tried to make an attempt to switch back to android with samsung galaxy s3 that was a fail. now from the Iphone 5 to the N4 its looking like a fail

The N4 is a great phone but it's hard to like it when the iPhone does everything so nice and you're used to it. This is now my 3rd attempt (and best attempt) at switching to Android and I just couldn't part with the amazing battery life, camera, and apps of the iPhone. I'll probably get the next Nexus phone and try it again, only to revert back to the iPhone... but oh well, it's fun and I enjoy it.

There is A LOT of room for growth in iOS, and I hope to see that coming soon with Forstall going bye bye. We shall see.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and two days is greatly exaggerating IMO. iP5 has excellent battery life and realistically with moderate use you only need to charge it once a day. Though the Battery life on the N4 isn't the best it's not completely horrible. Anyone that's considering getting a N4, don't let threads like this discourage you, it's an excellent device.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The N4 is a great phone but it's hard to like it when the iPhone does everything so nice and you're used to it. This is now my 3rd attempt (and best attempt) at switching to Android and I just couldn't part with the amazing battery life, camera, and apps of the iPhone. I'll probably get the next Nexus phone and try it again, only to revert back to the iPhone... but oh well, it's fun and I enjoy it.

There is A LOT of room for growth in iOS, and I hope to see that coming soon with Forstall going bye bye. We shall see.
Same here my man it use to be the other way around for me when i had the iphone 3gs i switched to the nexus 1 when i had the iphone 4 i switched to the tmobile g2x phone was terrible then to the htc sensation but ever since the iphone 4s then the 5 its hard to like android. The Nexus 4 is a really really really great phone. I might keep it i still gonna use it through out the week. Safe to say im switch back though