Nexus 4 Tweaks

Ksevo

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
The N4 kicks ass! But with anything I would love more custom options. So here post some ideas and solutions for any Tweaks you may have. I got the N4 to not have to avoid any ROMS and be pure Android. One missing feature I miss is a simple battery percentage instead of the stock batter icon. Any ideas? As always, there are many adjustments we can wish for, would appreciate other ideas/options to improve on a great device. Post your successful or ideal Tweaks here.

Last edited:

Ksevo

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Right, many of these type apps, but as the dev states "Does *not* replace existing battery icon". Main goal is to "overlay" and consolidate to avoid notification clutter. Overlay posted on the Right side instead of stock battery icon.

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Right, many of these type apps, but as the dev states "Does *not* replace existing battery icon". Main goal is to "overlay" and consolidate to avoid notification clutter. Overlay posted on the Right side instead of stock battery icon.

Good luck.

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Are there any tweaks or browsers that support full screen browsing? E.g without the nav buttons/notification bar.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Are there any tweaks or browsers that support full screen browsing? E.g without the nav buttons/notification bar.

Both of these can only be achieved with a custom ROM. CyanogenMod and AOKP both have these features, if either of you decide to go that route.

D3lit3

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Both of these can only be achieved with a custom ROM. CyanogenMod and AOKP both have these features, if either of you decide to go that route.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to take that leap. Voiding your warranty for some extra screen real estate?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure if I'm willing to take that leap. Voiding your warranty for some extra screen real estate?

It is true that the disclaimer screen that pops up when you unlock your bootloader says unlocking MAY void your warranty. Personally, I had to send my unlocked and rooted Nexus S in for warranty repairs. I returned it to stock, shipped it over, and they replaced the unresponsive screen no problem. In my years on this and other forums, I've only seen one person say they got their warranty claim denied, and that's because they forgot to return to stock before shipping their device. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't unlock your bootloader to get the features you want - just giving you some info in case you're on the fence.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Rooting and custom ROMs are worth it and safe. Just read, read, read, read some more, get an understanding of what you're doing, read, then flash custom ROMs to your heart's content. I had my G2x rooted for a few months before I even bothered flashing my first ROM to it. I'll never go back to stock. Even though I like stock Android (G2x was mostly stock as were my previous LG phones, the Optimus V and the Optimus M), most custom ROMs actually don't stray too far from that stock look and feel. It's like using Apex or Nova over the stock launcher. It's essentially the same thing while giving you the OPTION to customize it more to your liking. I'm a big fan of Cyanogenmod and whenever I get my Nexus 4, I'm definitely going to flash a CM10.1 ROM... but probably after running stock for a month or so and letting the dev community get warmed up some more.

Currently running Paranoid Android on my G2x and it's VERY nice. Probably my favorite so far.