nexus 4 lte in MEXICO

alexhp26

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I know there aren't a lot of mexicans in the site but im one of them and i wanted to share my exitment because i order a nexus 4 on the playstore (i live in the border with US) and i recently found in a mexican webpage that they tested the new lte network (from telcel) on the nexus 4, and the blasting fast speeds are a go!! soo yeah ill just have to wait until my device arrive (currently backordered) but its worth the wait!

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I did hear that someone already had a hack to get it to work with the Canadian LTE network too. I have no idea on the specifics since I assumed LTE was a hardware issue?

alexhp26

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
the thing is that the canadian and the mexican carriers works on band4 (1700/2100) specifically the new lte network of telcel, so despite the lack of the antena and amplifier (so i know from various posts here and other sources) the lte can be enabled.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know! Very jealous of you right now. IT does sound like Tmobile's future implementation of LTE here in the US might include some of the same! i.e band4 LTE.

For this reason alone, I am getting into a tmobile business value plan with unlimited 4g and hope to be grandfathered in when their version of LTE is deployed.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I know there aren't a lot of mexicans in the site but im one of them and i wanted to share my exitment because i order a nexus 4 on the playstore (i live in the border with US) and i recently found in a mexican webpage that they tested the new lte network (from telcel) on the nexus 4, and the blasting fast speeds are a go!! soo yeah ill just have to wait until my device arrive (currently backordered) but its worth the wait!

You are so lucky! Estoy celoso!

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for the posts from those stating LTE on the N4 was physically impossible.

In their defense, LG actually stated that there was a hardware limitation... and there technically is with current LTE carriers (verizon and att). Good article on this: LG Nexus 4 (sort of) has 4G LTE | Mobile - CNET News

I'm guessing LG for some reason was told by tmobile to keep the LTE capabilities on the down low until they can actually offer it starting in another year or so.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That speed is definitly LTE speed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be implemented on T-mobile's future LTE but I won't get my hopes up.

omma2289

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Con que planes puedes obtener LTE, son planes especiales o funcionan con los que ofrecen 3G?
Tambi?n soy de la frontera y estoy interesado en el Nexus 4
Saludos

For those who don't speak spanish, I'm asking if there's a special data plan we need in order to get LTE speeds.