FINALLY got my Nexus4, Need your help in: Plane, Porting # and BB

canary_111

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Currently, I have 2 lines on the old T-mobile Family plane 750 min for $75/month: I was using old Nokia phone and did not need data, and my wife is using BlackBerry service for the other line. So, I got my Nexus4, and I called tmoble to add data to my line but they said its old plane and I have to change it to get data. Keeping in mind I'm using that service since 2008 therefore I neet to port both numbers to a new plan.

I went to tmoble store and they activate a new micro sim for my n4 but with my family plan sine i have couple days till the end of my cycle.
So my questions are:

- if I go with the $30 tmoble 5g plane, do I need a new micro sim since mine is already activated with the old plan. or I just buy the plane online from WalMart or Tmobile and activate using what I have?

- can I us this for BB or I can add BB service to it?

- I was thinking to go with ST but I think they do NOT support BB, and I have concern regarding the limite of 100 min of tmobile plan.

- I use wifi at home most of the time, so what do you recommend for me and my wife to do and also save us some money ?

Sorry for the long story but I was reading a lot and I'm confused and don't no what to chose.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Currently, I have 2 lines on the old T-mobile Family plane 750 min: I was using old Nokia phone and did not need data, and my wife is using BlackBerry service for the other line. So, I got my Nexus4, and I called tmoble to add data to my line but they said its old plane and I have to change it to get data. Keeping in mind I'm using that service since 2008 therefore I neet to port both numbers to a new plan.

I went to tmoble store and they activate a new micro sim for my n4 but with my family plan sine i have couple days till the end of my cycle.
So my questions are:

- if I go with the $30 tmoble 5g plane, do I need a new micro sim since mine is already activated with the old plan. or I just buy the plane online from WalMart or Tmobile and activate using what I have?

- can I us this for BB or I can add BB service to it?

- I was thinking to go with ST but I think they do NOT support BB, and I have concern regarding the limite of 100 min of tmobile plan.

- I use wifi at home most of the time, so what do you recommend for me and my wife to do?

Sorry for the long story but I was reading a lot and I'm confused and don't no what to chose.

If you go with the Tmobile 30 dollar plan, you will need two brand new sim cards, because this offer is only good for new activations.

As long as your Blackberry takes a tmobile sim card and works on the tmobile network you can use the 30 dollar plan.

If you use wifi, get the tmobile plan, and buy grooveIP from the market which lets you make/recieve phone calls using data instead of minutes. You will just need a google voice account.

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
One wrinkle with the BlackBerry: T-Mobile charges extra for BIS. Without connection to the mothership in Waterloo, BlackBerry devices' native e-mail and browser apps don't work. Unless you pay the $10/mo extra, T-Mobile's BB support will be the same as with ST, i.e. officially not supported.

If you decide to switch, you get new SIM cards and activate them as if you're porting a number from a carrier other than T-Mobile. It doesn't matter where you get the SIMs (they're 99c online with free shipping), but you have to activate ONLINE. You can't activate over the phone or in a T-Mobile store.

Free Wi-Fi calling, if your wife had it on her BB, is only on postpaid plans--you'd lose it by going prepaid. No nights and weekends either. 10c/min over 100, so if you regularly go much over 100 min/mo, it's better to go with ST. Note that since prepaid plans are individual, you don't both have to switch to the same carrier.

Finally, DON'T CHANGE YOUR PLAN with T-Mobile. I'm fighting them right now because they think I signed a 2yr contract when I changed plans 6mos ago even though the documents said "this plan has a month-to-month contract".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke