Before I heard about the nexus 4, I was on my mother in law's family plan at cspire and I was strongly considering another two year agreement and going with the Motorola Photon Q. My wife was getting a GS3 and i didn't want the same phone she had since I could just use hers. Plus the Motorola had a qwerty keyboard and an hdmi output. I know the gs3 does the same but I think you have to buy a converter cable and I just wasn't interested. I had my mind made up that the Photon Q was gonna be my next phone cause xperia play was getting very slow. I saw the n4 on YouTube and knew that this would be my next phone no matter what. The price, the updates, the hardware-software combo is IMO second to none. After watching my wife pick up her Samsung for almost $500 including insurance and early upgrade fees.. I knew I was done signing contracts. So what I wanna know is if anyone had something else in mind before the nexus 4 came along.
    Sent from my Nexus 4
    12-01-2012 06:56 PM
    I was going to get a GS3 on AT&T but held off because there was something that bugged me about it (probably the plasticky feel and that stupid home button) and I was holding off for Amazon to do the Black Friday penny sale they did last year, which ended up not happening. While I was waiting for the sale, the Optimus G was announced, but that didn't grab me. Then the Nexus 4 was announced and it grabbed me like a nymphomaniac in a phone booth. The rest is history.

What's funny about NOT getting a GS3 is that suddenly I'm seeing TONS of them around in the hands of people who think they've got the hottest thing around. Then I pull out my N4 and they get sad that they're already behind. Heh.
    sonicresidue, skafri#WN and KitN like this.
    12-01-2012 07:06 PM
    I was considering the Nexus 4, the Galaxy Note 2, the S3 or a cheap Galaxy Nexus (if I could find one).

The Nexus 4 won out for so many reasons. I couldn't be happier with it... OK, it could have better battery life, lol, but I have a wireless charger now so that should help.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    12-01-2012 07:11 PM
    What's funny about NOT getting a GS3 is that suddenly I'm seeing TONS of them around in the hands of people who think they've got the hottest thing around. Then I pull out my N4 and they get sad that they're already behind. Heh.
    Agreed - worth it, just for that!
    12-01-2012 07:12 PM
    +1

My brother has an S3. He's so jealous of my N4, lolol.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    12-01-2012 07:13 PM
    I am on an HTC Radar right now, and was trying to hold out for a new blackberry early next year. I'm on prepaid TMobile, and the wait/unsubsidized price/chance it might not work on Tmobile made me take a second look at android. After seeing all the things I could do with it, I decided I might as well go big or go home. So I ordered the 16gb version. Currently waiting on delivery and hope that I haven't hyped it too much in my head!
    12-01-2012 07:32 PM
    I was about to buy a GNex from the Play Store a couple months ago until reading rumors of the N4. I'd still buy a GNex if they were any cheaper since it's likely all I need... $250 for a GNex or $300 for the N4 is an easy decision. C'mon, people, sell your GNex for cheap now that the N4 is out
    12-01-2012 08:55 PM
    I try but I just keep coming back to the Nexus 4. I really like idea of Nexus and the specs are good. I could wait a whole year to see who makes the Nexus 5 then since if design wise I like it more than the N4. Those I think when I see the white version of the Nexus 4 everything will change. In end I think I am just waiting for that perfect Nexus smartphones really the N4 currently as close I am going to get.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    12-01-2012 09:10 PM
    I was considering the Nexus 4, the Galaxy Note 2, the S3 or a cheap Galaxy Nexus (if I could find one).

The Nexus 4 won out for so many reasons. I couldn't be happier with it... OK, it could have better battery life, lol, but I have a wireless charger now so that should help.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I just got my Nexus for free yesterday from the sprint store including an outterbox case for just 30 dollars

Sent from my Unlimited Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    12-01-2012 09:14 PM
    Am I the only one here who sees the irony in people posting that they feel some sense of satisfaction in having others jealous of their phone (i.e. smugness), when many people here (not accusing anyone directly, I just mean Android users in general) hate on iPhone/Apple users for that exact thing? Just an observation.
    badbrad17 likes this.
    12-01-2012 09:33 PM
    I just got my Nexus for free yesterday from the sprint store including an outterbox case for just 30 dollars

That's the old Galaxy Nexus on a two year contact, right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    12-01-2012 09:55 PM
    I was considering a Motorola Atrix HD, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia and looked a little at the HTC One (one x?). None of them really grabbed me. To be honest I was pretty disappointed because they all had things I liked but also had things I considered a deal breaker. I was excited when I discovered the Nexus line up. I thought of buying a Galaxy Nexus but the hardware side of things got ho hum reviews, so I decided to hold off and see what Google was getting ready to unvail.

Honestly, if I wasn't able to order a N4 this past week, I would've seriously considered buying an Asus Padfone2 from someone overseas. The Padfone and N4 are the only two phones that interested me at all.
    12-01-2012 09:58 PM
    i was going to do the galaxy s3 and put cyanogenmod on it, but the more i read about the nexus 4 and its super low price, and T-Mobile's super cheap value plan options the more i wanted off contact. the nexus 4 gives you one of the three best phones on the planet with freedom for the price of a cheap second rate phone.
    12-01-2012 10:15 PM
    It's funny because everyone around me is completely oblivious to anything aside from the GS3 or iPhone. When I use my Nexus at work or even in class, people will ask what phone that is. When I tell them it's a Nexus, they look confused and dazed and I smirk it off.
    12-01-2012 10:22 PM
    I was about to buy a GNex from the Play Store a couple months ago until reading rumors of the N4. I'd still buy a GNex if they were any cheaper since it's likely all I need... $250 for a GNex or $300 for the N4 is an easy decision. C'mon, people, sell your GNex for cheap now that the N4 is out
    The only difference is u get 32gb worth of storage and u get the chance to order it without having to do 100 refreshes lol :beer:

12-01-2012 11:08 PM
    That's the old Galaxy Nexus on a two year contact, right?

Yeah im in Chicago full of lte here from sprint and vzw why go gsm lol plus I'm unlimited and 32 gb and duel core so I'll be OK till Nov 2013

12-01-2012 11:10 PM
    I was going to get a GS3 on AT&T but held off because there was something that bugged me about it (probably the plasticky feel and that stupid home button) and I was holding off for Amazon to do the Black Friday penny sale they did last year, which ended up not happening. While I was waiting for the sale, the Optimus G was announced, but that didn't grab me. Then the Nexus 4 was announced and it grabbed me like a nymphomaniac in a phone booth. The rest is history.

I got rid of mine for the Nexus 4 and this is a much nicer phone. GS3 felt cheap and I got tired of waiting for updates from AT&T...also the fact that they block Google Wallet pissed me off. First pure Android experience for me and I won't be getting anything else now. Nexus 4 until Nexus 5.

12-01-2012 11:15 PM
    I came from an iPhone 4s and never considered any other android phone beside a nexus. I swore that if i ever went with android it would have to be a nexus. I waited months for an update to the galaxy nexus and I'm so glad I did.

12-01-2012 11:19 PM
    I only considered the GS3 after I was unable to order the N4 on launch day. I almost dropped $400 on a used i9300 last week, so glad I waited.

Cheers
    12-01-2012 11:29 PM
    White GN2 hands down. Still even considering it so I can bounce back and forth between the 2. Only issue holding me back is that I would have to do the note 2 outright at $650 I like the size of the screen plus I'm sure my gf would enjoy playing with the s-pen and drawing on it.
    12-01-2012 11:39 PM
    So for everyone that got their nexus 4, anyone surprised or disappointed that Google picked LG to make this year's iteration?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    12-02-2012 12:13 AM
    I'm a little surprised by it given that LG hasn't had the best reputation when it comes to android but the phone sure is amazing. I think next year will be Motorola
    12-02-2012 12:43 AM
    I gave my wife my Galaxy Note (T-Mobile) and was on my way to buying a Note 2 when I read an article on the N4's release (before then, I was not aware of the N4). After reading the article and doing some research, I decided to give it a try. So far, I am not second guessing my decision AT ALL.
    12-02-2012 04:15 AM