Clicking/Popping in HDR Camera mode

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was in my apartment last night taking some pictures in typical (slightly dim) household lighting. When I put the camera in HDR mode and began focusing on my subject, there was a rather loud clicking/popping noise coming from the phone's camera region on the back. I was able to replicate the noise several times consistently through pointing the camera, with HDR enabled, at the subject... moving the camera away from the subject... and then back again. In essence, it seemed like in this lighting situation, the focus function was resulting in noise.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? The noise I am talking about was very noticeable and really sounded like something was breaking. It was that bad sounding.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Only in HDR mode? Sounds like the mechanics inside are just moving around to focus. I hear my One X doing this on occasion.

jgreeson25

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't attempted to replicate the noise since, but it was only when I was in HDR mode. I was hoping this wasn't an issue, but I wanted to see if it has happened to anyone else. In my own personal experience, I have never had a phone or camera make the type of popping noise while focusing. I don't think it would matter, but It did happen after I took approximately 20+ pictures (Christmas decorations :) ). Maybe it was just being overworked.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't attempted to replicate the noise since, but it was only when I was in HDR mode. I was hoping this wasn't an issue, but I wanted to see if it has happened to anyone else. In my own personal experience, I have never had a phone or camera make the type of popping noise while focusing. I don't think it would matter, but It did happen after I took approximately 20+ pictures (Christmas decorations :) ). Maybe it was just being overworked.

I hear it quite often on my One X when it's having trouble picking a focal length, like if the object is too close to the lens to properly focus for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech